Chapter 17

Rene is kissing me. I almost don't want him to stop. I want to enjoy this moment for as long as I can. But I can't. He pulls back "I, uh, sorry" I put my finger up to his lip.
"It's okay" I smile at him and walk onstage.
*
Everywhere I go, all the places that I've been
Every smile is a new horizon on a land I've never seen
There are people around the world, different faces different names
But there's one true emotion that reminds me we're the same
Let's talk about love...
*
"Thank you Boston! Goodnight!" The curtains close and I go off stage.
Rene is standing backstage, he smiles at me and I run up to hug him.
"You did amazing, not that I'm surprised"
"Thank you! Did everything go alright?"
"Everything went great just as planned"
"Good"
"And about earlier, I'm-"
"Shh, you don't have to apologize. I don't mind" I give him a shy smile.
"But Alex?"
"I know... He didn't show up did he?"
"Um, I'm not sure" I can tell he's lying
"Rene, don't lie to me? Tell me the truth, I can handle it"
"No he didn't... Not that I've seen anyway"
"I didn't think he would show up"
"I'm sorry Céline"
"At least you were here"
"Céline do you want to go and see your fans?" Rob, one of the tour managers, asks.
"Of course I do!" I turn to Rene "Come on" he follows behind me.
Rob leads us out of the building. The minute we open the door I can hear everyone screaming and cheering. Rob walks out first, then one of my bodyguards. I walk out behind him and everyone goes crazy.
I walk up the row of people and sign CDs, posters, t-shirts, and more, I think I even signed a person.
We go to the car and I get in, Rene sits beside me and closes the car door.
"I love seeing my fans. They make me so happy" I say
"I can tell" Rene smiles
"They're just so... So supportive and loving. I love that"
"Do you think everything went alright tonight?"
"I don't think it could've gone better"
"Good, you were fantastic"
"Thank you"
"I'm serious, you're an amazing performer"
I smile and hug him, then I kiss his cheek.
"I'm glad you're here" I say to him as I reach for his hand. I lace my fingers with his and smile at him.
"I wouldn't miss it for the world" I lay my head on his shoulder, we talk for the rest of the ride back to the hotel.
When we get to the hotel Rene and I walk to our rooms together. We stop outside my door.
"I'll see you tomorrow okay? At breakfast?"
"Are you going to be up in time for breakfast? I know you don't like getting up early"
"What time is breakfast?"
"I think 7:30"
"Oh, I guess we'll find out then" we laugh and I hug him once more before I open the door.(😉)
I walk in and see Alex's shoes at the door, he must be back.
I walk into the bedroom and see Alex laying on the bed with flowers in his hand. When he sees me he quickly gets off the bed and comes over to me.
"I'm so sorry Céline, I was a jerk. You mean so much to me and I'm so sorry I wasn't there for your first show"
"Alex do you know how upset it made me when I realized you weren't there?"
"I know I feel awful"
"You made me feel terrible Alex. I didn't think you loved me anymore"
"No, Céline that's crazy. I love you, I was stupid I'm not going to do that again. I promise, I'm here for you and you only"
"Promise?"
"I promise" his eyes look like puppy dog eyes, he's practically begging for my forgiveness. It's kind of cute that he cares so much now. I'm still mad he missed my show, but at least he's apologizing for it.
I hug him tight. "I love you too" I whisper to him. He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me.
As soon as he kisses me I feel guilty. I kissed Rene tonight! It was just a harmless kiss, but it was wrong. It was wrong but it felt so right...