Chapter 28

"You what?" I say in disbelief at his words
"I love you Céline. And I never told you enough but I do, I love you" he says as he comes closer to me.
"If you love me so much why did you sleep with Cheryl?"
"I don't know, I was hurt, I was an idiot I never should have done that" he takes my hands in his. "I will never be able to forgive myself for hurting you. I never wanted this, I never wanted to be without you. I need you Céline" he says as he places his hands on my waist pulling me closer to him. "I love you" he says before pressing his lips to mine, kissing me slowly.
I quickly come to my senses and push him away. "No! Alex no! You can't just come here and tell me you love me, that's not how this works. I'm not falling for that lie again. You've  hurt me one too many times and I've had it. I'm done. I've been done. It's exhausting trying to be with you. All I wanted was for you to love me. I loved you so much, with my whole heart. It broke my heart seeing you with Cheryl, I saw the way you looked at her. You hadn't looked at me like that in so long. And then you did look at me like that, and I realized I hadn't been that happy in so long. And then it all came crashing down-"
"Céline I-" he starts but I stop him
"No... Alex I wanted you to be the one. But you're not. Rene is. He's the one, he's the only one. I don't know why it's taking me this long to realize it but I finally have. I love him"
I stop talking, realizing what I just said. I haven't even told Rene that yet, we just began a relationship I don't know what he'd say if I told him love him.
"So that's that Alex. I love Rene. I think dee down I've always loved Rene in one way or another. He was there for me through everything. Every time you made me cry he was there to wipe my tears. When I was broken he fixed me. He's everything I always wanted you to be. I'm sorry Alex. I know that's not what you wanted to hear when I came in, but it's the truth. Please leave."
"Fine, I will" he says sadly as he walks to the door. "Céline? I just want you to know I think you're amazing. You're the most talented person I know, you have so much love in your heart. You're a friend to everyone and I admire you so much. Your Fans and Rene are the luckiest people ever. Have a great tour, I know you'll be amazing" he says
"Thank you Alex" he smiles and places a hand on my shoulder.
"Bye Céline"
"Goodbye Alex"
He closes the door without another word. I then think of Rene. He must be wondering where I am. I grab some clothes and rush to Rene's room. I knock on the door and he opens it quickly.
"Céline! There you are"
"I love you" I say without thinking
"You do?"
"Look you don't have to say it back, it's just I was just talking to Alex and it made me realize that I love you, and I know it's really early and I get it if you don't feel the same way but I-" he presses a finger to my lips, stopping my rambling.
"I love you too" he looks at me, moving his finger away from my lips. "I've always loved you" he says making me smile. He smiles too and then kisses me...