depart | iwaoi

I remember when Iwaizume punched me in the face because I couldnt let go of my Seijoh team. Its not that i wanted to keep my glory or reputation. That team was my family and it made me proud that I led that team to countless victories.

He told me that everything has to go, not everything is meant to stay.

And he had to use "college" as an example.

I have to let go of my senior high school experiences and move on. I dont literally have to move on but he told me not to hold on to it too much because it wont help me move along in life.

But what really had me going on was Iwaizume.

He said he would take a few years of adventure and go to college later on, while I, on the other hand, will be moving to South Korea after I graduate senior high school.

"What about you?" I asked Iwaizume.

"Probably take time for myself," Iwaizume shrugged. "Why?"

"Nothing," I lied.

I didnt like the idea of being apart from my best friend from my childhood years.

"Don't worry," Iwaizume slapped my back, obviously sensing my worry. "I'll be fine."

And the day came where I had to leave.

It's the day.

My knuckles turned pale as I gripped the handle of my luggage. My eyes were embarrassingly tearing up.

"Cry it out man," Iwaizume grinned and engulfed me in a hug. "It's okay to shed tears once in a while."

Iwaizume never hugged me in my entire life. Usually when I try to hug him, he punches the life out of me.

It surprised me a lot but I didn't want to ruin the chance, so I stood silent.

"Passengers boarding flight 521 Incheon, South Korea, please immediately head to Gate 4."

"That's my flight," I managed to say and pulled away.

Iwaizume nodded and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Reach for the stars, Captain. Don't let anything get  in your way. You're on your own now."

I nodded and smile. "Take care, Ace."

Iwaizume chuckled. "You too, Cap."

I raised a fist and we both did a fist bump.

"Bye," I said, unable to say anything else. Iwaizume only managed to wave.

As I walked away, I imagined a world on my own. Without my best pal with me. But I'm sure he'll be the happiest on his own and so will I.

I can't wait for my next adventure. I hope he does too.

Iwaizume waved as he watched Oikawa disappear. He gently wiped a tear from his eye as he embraced the fact that he could no longer be able to see his best friend anymore.