papa | daichi sawamura

Daichi led his daughter, Dalia, to her bedroom.

Dalia jumped to bed and Daichi helped her tuck in

Daichi loved Dalia so much

She was exactly like her mom. An exact replica. He loved her so much just like he loved his wife.

Daichi loved Dalia's hazelnut eyes. Staring at Dalia's eyes, warmed his heart.

"Daddy?" Dalia says from under the blanket.

"Yes?" Daichi says.

Dalia was the greatest blessing Daichi's ever had.

"Do you love mommy?" She asks as her eyes bore into Daichi's.

Dalia reminded him so much of her mom that he couldn't stand being alone without Dalia.

He really missed Dalia whenever she went to school. Daichi missed her when he went to work. He always checks up on Dalia late at night when she slept.

He couldn't let time pass without seeing his happiness.

Daichi forced a smile and removed a strand of hair from Dalia's forehead.

"You know.." Daichi says, trying hard to be strong. "Mommy used to tell me that I'd find someone better when she leaves.."

Daichi looked down at Dalia's heart-shaped necklace that's sling around her neck.

"But I told her no. I would never.." Daichi touches the necklace, lips quivering.

"Why?" Dalia asks, holding her father's hand.

After Daichi's wife passed, Daichi became.. soulless.

His other have no longer gone. No one could fill up the other half.

Or so he thought.

Daichi caressed his daughter's face and blinked hard.

Once he opened his eyes and mustered the courage to say,"Why, of course, she's my one and only."

Dalia looked at her dad and placed both her palms against her dad's cheeks.

"It's okay, daddy." She says, kissing her father's nose. "Mommy loves you too."