14) Problems With Powers

Valerie POV

I raced down the hall to Johnny and I's room after shoving him into the pile of foam. I ignored the foam I was tossing everywhere and headed to the attached bathroom. I closed the door behind me and locked it, giggling breathlessly at my prank. I knew Johnny would get me back for it, the only questions were when and how.

Suddenly I heard slow footsteps enter the room. Johnny.

"Oh Valerie," he sing-songed. I held my breath and sat on the counter. The footsteps grew closer and closer until they just stopped. Right outside the door.

"Just because I'm covered in fire extinguisher doesn't mean I won't burn this door down," he warned.

"Are you covered up?" I asked. "I know your clothes didn't survive near supernova flames."

"Yeah, I got a towel. As if you actually want all this covered up. But I'd really appreciate a nice shower right now," Johnny said through the door. I hummed thoughtfully.

"I don't know..."

"Let me in or your payback will be worse."

I quickly unlocked and opened the door. Johnny was standing on the other side in promised towel. He held his arms out wide as if to say 'see?' I rolled my eyes and walked out, letting Johnny have full reign of the bathroom. He grabbed my arm as I walked past.

"Hey, you need a shower too. Care to join me, save water?" Johnny joked.

I shrugged, already knowing there would be consequences for what I was about to do.

"Sure why not?" I said carelessly.

Johnny's eyes lit up with multiple emotions—the primary ones being confusion, excitement, and lust. I had to hold in a giggle as he released my arm.

"Really?" He asked incredulously.

"Nope," I snickered, closing the door in his face. "Better make that shower a cold one!"

I hauled ass out of the room and down the hall to Susan's. I knocked on the door rapidly, hoping that Johnny wouldn't come after me. Sue opened the door after a moment and looked me over in confusion before letting me in.

"I need to use your shower. Johnny's in ours. There was an incident with his test and he decided to get me messy," I explained. She just shook her head and pointed to the other door in the room.

I entered Sue's bathroom and couldn't help but think of how Johnny would get me back. I was in for it now.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

In the next few days, all was quiet, and I began to get worried. There was also the slightly annoying fact that everyday I woke up at sunrise and passed out at sunset. No one knew what to make of it except for the fact that it had to be related to my powers. The first time I randomly went to sleep was alarming, I'm not going to lie.

Reed and I were having a discussion regarding our powers, ironically, when I just conked out. Reed panicked and called for Sue, Ben, and Johnny, but I was just sleeping. There was nothing wrong aside from that. I woke up when they made me, but I was extremely groggy.

Johnny had also been having issues. I couldn't count the number of times he just flared up and burnt holes in his clothing. He was running out of clothes, and fast. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing...

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the feeling of the sun on my face. It brought me energy and rejuvenated me. Again, it probably had something to do with my plant powers.