|ONE|

CHANEL

"Are you coming to my graduation," I questioned William as we sat on facetime while I finished applying the last touches to my make up.

"Yeah, Ima be there, bro 'nem already gave me a ticket last week." He responded as he took a hit from the backwood he had recently lit.

Rolling my eyes at the sight I stood from my vanity and grabbed my iPhone before walking over to my closet to grab my valentino heels that I would be strutting across stage in along with my matching crossbody purse. "Are you ever going to stop smoking?"

I normally didn't care that people smoke weed the only problem I have is when people start to depend on it like they have to be high all the time. That's mad annoying especially when it comes to William because he's come to that point where he depends on it.

"Nope, you should try it. Maybe then you'd learn how to have fun. Nobody wanna be around somebody that's always mad and bitter all the time," he stated before ending our call.

I ignored his comment and continued to get ready for my big day. I've grown to get used to William's ignorance over the past three years. I wasn't going to let him ruin my day. Nope not today the devil will not prevail!

"Chanel,!? Come on before you miss your final rehearsal." My mom yelled throughout our home.

We lived in the suburbs of Detroit in the city of Novi. It was always chill and quiet out here. even though we'd only been staying out here for about four months so far, I loved it.

"I am not prepared for this hour drive, to the city," I stated as I walked into the kitchen and saw my mother drinking a cup of coffee as she sat on my stepdad's lap while he watched the morning Fox2 news.

"You look ugly," my younger brother BJ stated as he entered the spacious kitchen with the rest of us.

"You just full of hate huh?" I questioned as I went to grab my keys off of the key post that was mounted onto the wall in the foyer.

"Chanel, come here before you leave," my stepfather Derrick called to me and I hurriedly went to see what it is that he wanted so I wouldn't be late.

"Yes?" I questioned growing kind of impatient.

"Well, your mother and I are proud of you and we wanted to show you just how proud we are," he started his short speech while handing me a small gift box.

I opened the box slowly half expecting it to be some new jewelry or something but instead it was a set of car keys.

I snatched the lid of the box all the way off and noticed the BMW key fob and before it was too late a scream was escaping from my lips.

I quickly ran outside and saw the all white car in the driveway with a cute pink ribbon on top. I was super excited because my Civic was getting a little dated and I was ready for a new car.

"Oh My God, thanks so much," I turned and thanked my mom and step dad for the gift with a huge grin on my face.

"Dad! I just graduated from eighth grade and all I got was a stupid drone and camera," my step brother Lil Derrick complained.

"Little nigga that drone and camera was expensive as shit, do I need to take it back?" my step dad scolded his son with an annoyed look on his face.

I ignored their interaction and went and stood by my car posing for a picture that BJ was taking on his phone. After a few different poses infront of my new ride, my mom came over and gave me a hug and told me that they would all meet me at the venue when the graduation starts.