|SIX|

CHANEL

"Emon no! I already told you to leave the situation alone." I yelled at my cousin. We were sitting in his living room playing spades when he decided to ask me about Will.

"But why? You defending the nigga like you scared of him or something." He said as he cut my book.

"No, Im not scared of him but why do you want to be so extra about it? It's not like Im still with him or anything." I said waiting on him to play his hand. "I dont even know why you trying to act all cool about the shit. I can tell that you hurting," he said causing me to frown.

I hated the fact that Emon could read every last one of my moods, it's always been that way since we were kids and right now it felt like he knew me better than I knew myself. "I know you trying to be a good cousin and all but can we like not talk about William right now?" I asked before his phone started to ring. He checked his caller ID before answering.

"What's up baby girl?" He answered causing me to cut my eyes at him. He had told me he was seeing this girl name Ari but that was a couple months ago and I hadnt heard much about her since the first time he brought her up.

"Who's that?" I mouthed and he gave me a smirk. He ended his call before speaking. "That was my little shorty, she about to come through." He said.

"Was she here the other night?" I questioned trying to think back to the night of his kickback. "Yeah," he nodded.

"She was the one that you almost got into it with one of your friends over?" I questioned further. He nodded again "Yeah, Tez was tripping." he said and I remembered that Tez was the one that was at the mall that one day I bumped into the rat pack.

"Why do you still associate with him? He's so messy." I tried to reason with my cousin.

"Tez is my guy, that nigga just be tripping sometimes," Emon said causing me to roll my eyes.

The buzzer to his apartment sound through his house and he walked over to the intercom letting whoever it was up.

A few moments later a girl walked through the door. "Hey bae," she spoke going over to kiss my cousin. "What's up? How was work?" he asked her.

They had a conversation for a few moments about each others day before Emon called me into the kitchen where they both were.

"Hey, Im KeKe," she said introducing herself.

"Im Chanel I said back and she smiled. "Oh, you're the favorite cousin he's always talking about." She said with a laugh. "The one and only of course."

"Ima have to believe you because all I hear is Chanel this or Nel that." She mocked him. I laughed a bit before Emon walked out of the kitchen.

"You were here the other night?" I asked. "Yeah but I left a little early because my cousins dont know how to control there alcohol." She said rolling her eyes.

"So you weren't here when Emon and his friend Tez almost had a fight?"

"No, but you're talking about Quontez? Right?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Nope, I had already left by then but I heard a little from E."she said "I dont even know why he would tell E he had fucked me before." She continued and my eyes widened.