|FOUR|

CHANEL

A week later

"Why you still tripping that shit old now!" I rolled my eyes at William as he tried for the upteenth time to explain himself to me.

Not that I was making it easy for him because I didn't really care for whatever excuse he would try to come up with, I already expected it to be some crazy lie that he convinced himself to be true.

"I don't care William, you ain't shit but a liar and a cheater ain't no telling what yo nasty ass was doing." I said as I moved past him so I could make my way to the playing field. I scooped up my batting helmet and carrying bag as I walked the outfield in the direction towards my teams dugout.

"You the same bitch that left the club with some random ass nigga, just because you were mad at me." He spat causing me to spin on my toes and raise a brow.

Before I knew it, I had already sent a stinging slap to his face. "One thing you not about to do is call me out my name. You can go elsewhere with that."

"Bitch like a said you a nasty bitch." He taunted as he laughed in my face. "A rat bitch," he continued taunting trying his hardest to take me to another level of mad.

He continued to talk his shit as I did my breathing exercises to try and calm my nerves before I went to the point of no return. It seemed that William was the only person walking this earth who knew what buttons to push just to piss me off and I hated it.

After I figured I was calm enough I regained possession of my gear and continued across the field finally making it inside the dugout. I wasn't going to let his words affect my focus on winning this game.

I'm the leader of the team and not only that but it was as if I was the one who controlled the pace of the game. The way I played affected the way the entire team played as a whole, my teammates feed off of my energy so I knew I had to put the incident with William behind me and the sooner the better.

I started the a-count of our stretches and we ran through them pretty quickly. I could tell the girls were focused. They knew what was at stake at this point and I could only imagine the feeling of gratitude that our team would have if we were to come out with a win, we worked so hard all season.

"Looks like the other team is here," Niomi, our team catcher called out as she nodded her head in the direction of their bus.

We watched as they filed out of their bus yelling chants and filled thier dugout. I had watched film of a few games they had played and already knew what to expect.

"Ladies, come back into the dugout for me," Coach K. asked of us after a few more moments.

He gave us the words of encouragement that any other coach would do, before asking me if I had anything I wanted to say.

I started my short speech, "I've watched a few films on this team and even spectated at a live game and it's safe to say that they play through their pitcher as we play as a team. And with us having such a strong batting line-up we should be tight to win. Just remember that no matter what happens today I'm proud of what we accomplished this year as a team."

We waited on coach to tie everything together as the umpires were calling the five minute mark until the game started.

"I expect that everybody knows their positions and batting order by now but just in case you forgot," coach began "Nel I got you at short stop and our lead off batter. Niomi, you're catching and batting behind her, behind you we have Asia at third base, Kenya at second, Brandy you will be pitching, Deedot I got you at first, Micah at center field, Kayla at right and Lay at left." He said as he called our usual batting order and positions.