|FIVE|

AMIR

"Yeah, Im on my way there right now ma." I spoke to my moms over the speaker as I drove down the highway.

"Make sure you send me your housing information," she said.

"Alright ma, I got you," I stated quickly as I took the exit onto the service drive.

"I love you son," she stated as I pulled into the parking structure that was open for new student orientation.

"I love you too ma, Im here now so I'll facetime you later." I said parking my challe before hopping out not really knowing what to expect.

I had been to a few college parties with my older brother Tez but I never really thought about how this college shit would work out for me. I always thought it would be a hassle trying to maintain grades, music, sports and the streets but at the same time I was always up for a challenge. I knew that if I was serious about adding a dregree to my name I was going to have to focus and not let the bull shit get the best of me.

As I walked towards the Student Center I noticed a group of girls chilling by the Volleyball court. When I passed by they got to acting all extra when they saw me. I smirked but reminded myself I was here to get an education.

Finally making it inside of the student center I was pointed to the direction of a lecture hall that the other incoming freshman were all located listening to the seminar. I took a seat near the back and halfway payed attention while scrolling through snapchat.

I clicked on Maya's story and it wasnt a surprise to me that she was back down on her college campus in the next nigga face. I couldn't even be mad because she was no longer my concern. I was happy I deaded shit with her before I could be mistook as a lame ass nigga with a bitch who was off her leash.

I shook my head and continued to watch a few other people's stories before the seminar was being concluded.

"Now Im going to split you guys up into groups for the tour, I have some of my seniors in the hall waiting," The director spoke as she ended our Welcome Seminar.

As we broke off into large groups and the tour started I got a text from Josh in the groupchat with me, him, Fle, E, Dev & Tez.

He was trying to see what was up for this weekend probably trying to go to one of the clubs or some shit again. I shot a text back to the Fellas letting them know I was busy right now.

It was really only Josh and Fle talking to each other making me wonder why they couldnt just text each other instead of the whole chat. They continued to text back and forth for a while before I finally decided to put the entire chat on mute growing tired of the repeated notifications that didnt have shit to do with me.

"You staying on campus?" I turned around to a nigga I knew I'd played little league with but I couldnt remember his name at the moment.

"Yeah," I responded as we slapped fives briefly.

"Which dorm?" He asked further as my phone dinged from a text.

I checked the notification and it was from Maya talking about how she missed me causing me to chuckle. She really needed to stop it because whatever game she thought we were playing she for sure wasnt winning.

I didnt give two fucks about her ass no more.

"Shit, I dont even know yet. More than likely Towers," I said as we stood infront of a different dorm called Ghafari which wasnt as big as Towers.