(Y/n) Watson: First Day

Request for jackskellingtonrulz5

~

"Now (y/n), are you sure you're fully prepared for this?"

"Dad," you sighed, "I'm going to my first day of high school, not war."

"Well it seems like the same thing to me nowadays," he grumbled. You knew he was scared for you. I mean what father wouldn't be afraid to send their daughter to a big school full of douche bag boys and snobby girls?

"It's going to be fine," you said, both to reassure him and yourself. You were nervous no doubt, but you couldn't let your dad know that or he'd never let you go.

"She's right, it will be fine," said your mum, hugging you and kissing you on the top of the head. You nodded, biting your lip and checking your watch.

"Well I better go, I don't want to be late," you said, suddenly feeling your whole stomach drop. You hugged them and gave them both a kiss again, then walked out the door and down the steps to the bus stop. You waited for your bus to come, nervously drumming your fingers against your side and daydreaming about what the day would be like. It was a big jump, going from middle to high school, but the excitement of what awaited you was far outweighing the nervousness of what bad things might happen.

~

Well here you were, staring at the massive front doors. Students were crowded around you, all pouring into the doors; you felt like Moses parting the red sea.

"Nervous?" asked a deep voice from beside you. You jumped slightly, but quickly recovered with a sweet smile.

"Just a little." You looked beside you to find a tall teenager dressed in sagging pants and a baseball cap standing beside you. He had what looked like a drawn on mustache, and his black curly hair stuck out from the sides of his cap. He glanced down sideways at you and immediately you recognized the eyes. "Uncle Sherlock?" you asked.

"Shh, I'm undercover," he replied, giving you a wink.

"Why are you here? Is there a case? Is someone going to get murdered?"

"No," he responded, his eyes glancing at the hundreds of teens around him - he was trying to deduce them all.

"Then what are you here for? Didn't you graduate high school back before dinosaurs were extinct?"

He shot you a glare, but caught the smirk you were giving off and realized you were joking. "I knew you were nervous for your first day so I decided to accompany you."

"You're impersonating a student for me?" you asked in disbelief. You knew your uncle loved you, but you didn't know he loved you that much.

"Well of course. But your father doesn't know I'm here and don't tell him, he'd be furious I did it without him. Now.. shall we?" he asked, motioning towards the door. You took a deep breath and began your walk into a new beginning.

~

And what a new beginning it was.

You were late to your first class (Sherlock got his sleeve stuck in your locker), spilled chocolate milk on your new blouse, tripped and face planted into a pole, and for some reason, your teachers thought it would be a great idea to pile on the homework. You swore they thought you had no life outside of their class.

"Well this sucks," you said, opening your locker and dumping your 50 pounds of books in your backpack.

"Could be worse," said Sherlock.