Sherlock: Guitar Hero

Request for StarShot82801

~

"(Y/n)!" called Mrs. Hudson from all the way down the stairs. "Will you please come help me lift this box down from the closet!" You removed yourself from your own little corner you had trapped yourself in, jumping around the boxes that covered the floor, and finally made out. It was spring cleaning time, and you had decided to take a day off from work to get a head start on it. Sherlock and John were on a case, so it was just you and Mrs. Hudson and the "Today's Pop Hits" floating through the flat.

You made it downstairs, only to find that Mrs. Hudson's flat was much harder to worm your way through. You felt like you were in the middle of an antique shop, and you made a mental note to ask Mrs. Hudson why she had a life size pig painted in gold.

"Over here dear," she called over the Chainsmokers blaring in your ear. You walked over and found her hidden behind a tall stack of boxes in a closet. She saw you and smiled, motioning you over. "I need that box down," she said, pointing to the very top. "It's heavy, and I'm not as strong as I used to be." You knew that was a lie though, because the other day she had playfully punched Sherlock when he was being an arse, big surprise, and had left a bruise. You shrugged and stepped onto the chair she had placed there. You reached up and slid the box closer and closer until it was just on the edge where it'd tip off. It slid into your arms, and damn it was heavy, because it caused you to fall back a little.

Mrs. Hudson put a hand on your back to steady you as you stepped back down and put the box on the floor. "Thought I was going to fall there for a second," you said, wiping your brow, "thanks for that though."

You were bending down still, trying to open the box, and you were startled when Mrs. Hudson didn't answer, but instead Sherlock did. "You're welcome," he said, and you jumped slightly.

You smiled up at him, happy to see him and John back so soon. "You guys solved that case quick," you said, accepting the pair of scissors that Mrs. Hudson handed you to cut through the sealing tape.

"False alarm, nothing to solve," said Sherlock. You glanced at John, since he was the only one who would elaborate.

"Old man thought there was a ghost in his house moving stuff around at night, turns out he has a slight case of dementia and forgets that he is actually the one who moved the stuff." You nodded in understanding as you finally tore open the flaps of the box. And then you gasped.

"MRS. HUDSON!" you called. You reached down with a gentle hand, not wanting to hurt this prized and precious possession.

"What is it (y/n)?" she asked, walking over.

You held up a controller like Rafiki held up Simba in the Lion King, presenting it for the whole world to see. "You never told me you owned one of these," you said, inspecting the sleek buttons and placing your hand neatly around the handles.

"It's from the kids I used to babysit during the summer. They brought it over here once and haven't gotten it back since."

"Lucky me," you said, eyes glittering. You stepped back on the chair and looked high into the closet, just to make sure, and whaddya know, two guitars were tucked in the back. "HOLY SHIT," you yelled, wobbling on the chair with excitement.

"What?!" everyone yelled in response.

You pulled out the guitars and held them up for everyone to see. "Who's ready for a tournament?" you grinned.

~

It was now the fourth hour into the 221B Guitar Hero 2017 Tournament. And you were winning.

"Not fair," booed Sherlock as he tossed the guitar on a nearby chair. "You're cheating."

"Or I'm just better than you," you teased, rehydrating with some water nearby. You used Sherlock's shirt he was wearing to wipe off the small drops of sweat from your forehead and he stuck out his tongue in disgust.

"You're not better than me," he scoffed. You smirked at him, loving how competitive he got.

"Oh she's definitely better than you," said John, sipping on some tea that Mrs. Hudson had just made. Sherlock glared at John, then looked at you with a determined look on his face.

"Free Bird, Lynyrd Skynyrd, let's go." He grabbed his guitar from the chair and laced it around him, flexing his fingers on the buttons.

"Okay, are you sure you're ready to embarrass yourself again or.."

"Start it, and turn it up John." John raised his eyebrows and gave him a look. "Please. Turn it up please."

John nodded his head and winked at you with a laugh. The song started, and you two were off. Your fingers moved at rapid speed and you watched your points raise and raise, Sherlock's following closely behind. Your fingers cramped up, but you rejoiced in the pain and let it happen, suddenly finding yourself on a roll like never before.

Finally the song ended, and you celebrated inwardly as you noted your new high score. You heard angry muttering off to the side, and you watched Sherlock toss the guitar down and sit in his chair. John smirked at you and sipped his tea, and you walked over to your boy toy.

His hands were up to his temples and eyes closed, furrowed in concentration. "Whatcha thinking about?" you asked, sitting on the armrest. He opened his eyes for a split second and glanced up at you.

"I think I deleted my Guitar Hero playing skills," he said. You patted his back, pretending to believe it, but understanding it was hard for him to not be the best at something for once.

"Along with the solar system?"

"Shut up John."

A/N

Don't really have an A/N for this one. Posting a long ass one in about two parts lol, that will lead into the new book.

Random: Something you need right now. (I need about 6 extra hours in the day lol).

"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

- Arthur Conan Doyle