Hailee's Life (Hailee's POV)

I woke up to my alarm. I groaned for a second but reached to turn it off. It was 5:30 in the morning. Though I would be going to the studio to do what I love, I didn't want to do it this early.

     I walked out the door after I got ready and had a bowl of Lucky Charms. It was 6:15 AM by then because I had to do my make-up. I tried to close the door slowly because I didn't want to wake Griffin or Mom and Dad. Though they were rooms away, I still wanted to cautious. 

     I went out to my car and after I closed the door, I just sat there for a minute. I don't know why I felt so out of it today. I just felt like something in my life was missing. It felt like mostly every day I woke up early and went to the studio or I was about to prepare to perform. It felt like the same old, same old. I wanted something new. I just didn't know what it was. 

     I drove and was listening some of my favorite songs, but then before I knew it, I was at the studio. I waited in the car because my bodyguard, Gary, has to meet me outside because literally anything can happen at 6:30 in the morning in LA. Gary walked out and opened the door of my car and walked behind me as I walked into the back of the studio. I went into the main recording room and saw Charlie Walk, my manager, sitting in front of the recording panel. 

     "Hi Hailee. We have a new song that we're working on today. Is there any ideas that you have for this song?" Charlie asked. 

    "Honestly, Charlie, I'm a blank slate. I have no idea." 

    "Are you okay Hailee?" He asked. 

    "Yeah I'm fine, I just...I don't know." I folded my arms. "I like being famous, I just feel like I do the same thing every day." 

    "But Hailee, you have the life that thousands of people would kill for. You've been on tours. You opened up for Meghan Trainor. You're in movies and meet fans almost every day." Charlie explained. 

    "True. I love being on tour and I love meeting fans. I don't know. I'm fine with this lifestyle, I just want something new in it." I said. 

    "Do you want to take the day off?" Charlie asked. 

    "No it's fine. I'm fine." 

    "We're planning on having you do a collab, but first we want you and the artist to come together and come up with song ideas. Maybe come up with something together and then we can record it." 

    A collab sounded fun actually. I wonder what artist is going to collab with me. 

    "Who's the artist?" I sat down in the rolling chair next to Charlie. 

    "I don't know if you've heard of him, but his name is Shawn Mendes." 

    I've heard of the guy and listened to a few of his songs but I've never seen what he looked like. 

    "I've heard of him." I said. "He has an amazing voice. I would be honored to collab with him." 

    "Awesome." Charlie dialed a number on his phone. "Shawn. Hailee's in. Can you come to the studio? Awesome. Thank you. See you soon." He hung up. 

    While waiting for Shawn, I logged onto twitter and looked at some of my fan's uplifting tweets. They always cheer me up and make me smile. I posted "Something big is going down..." with the devil-faced emoji that I love. I wanted to tease them to get them excited for the collab. 

    I heard a door close and I looked up from my phone and saw the cutest guy a girl could ever imagine.