The Coffee Mob (Shawn's POV)

Hailee ran to my side after her security guard pushed me. I guess he didn't know who I was, but now that she's here by me, I'm fine. 

     "Shawn!" She said. "Are you okay?" 

     "I'm okay. I'm fine." I replied. I wanted to sound casual and tough, though he pushed so hard onto the ground. 

     "Good. Let me help you up." She said and grabbed my hand. I liked where this was going, but it was only to help me up. She let go of it after I was off the hard ground. 

     We walked out together. 

     "Oh shoot. My car." She said. "Do you want me to meet you there? Or do you want to ride in my car?" We both took our own cars to the studio. 

     "I'll ride in your car. Sounds fun." I said. 

     She smiled and unlocked her car. I climbed into the passenger seat and she drove. 

     "Wait what coffee place are we going to?" She asked. 

     "Oh...um...I was thinking maybe thinking the one I saw on the way here. It looked like it had good coffee." I said. 

     "Ohhhh! Yes Diane's Coffee! They have amazing coffee. Good choice." She nudged my arm. After a few minutes, we arrived at Diane's Coffee Shop. 

     Hailee began to get out of the car. "Wait!" I said. "We're famous! We might get mobbed!" 

     "There's only older people here. They don't know who we are and they don't care. We'll be fine." She smiled. "But maybe wear this hat. Just in case." I put on the cap she gave me and she put on one too. We began to walk into the shop when.....

     "Oh my god! Is that Shawn Mendes?" Someone screamed. I turned and saw like fifty girls and then I saw people with cameras run up to take pictures of me next to Hailee. 

     "He has a girlfriend! And it's Hailee Steinfeld? Get her!" 

     "No! We are not dating! I'm not his girlfriend!" Hailee said. The girls chased after us and the paparazzi kept taking pictures of us. I wonder what will be on the press now. I followed Hailee and we ran into the shop and Hailee locked the door behind us. 

     "On second thought, maybe coffee at my house would have been better." She said and laughed. 

     "Maybe." I said and laughed. 

     "What's the holdup? You can't be locking our door!" The hostess behind us said. Hailee turned around. 

     "Miss, we were getting mobbed. This was for our safety!" Hailee said. 

     "Why on earth would a cute couple like you two get mobbed?" She asked. 

     I turned from the screaming people and to the hostess. "Because we're famous singers and she acts too..." I tried to explain. 

     "If you two are famous what have I seen or heard you in or on?" 

     "I sing that catchy song 'Stitches'". I said. 

     "I was in 'Pitch Perfect 2' and I sing a song called 'Starving'". 

     "Oh yeah! I'm off my rocker today! You're Shawn Mendes and Hailee Steinfeld! My kids are big fans of yours. Do you think maybe you could sign a piece of paper or something for them?" She asked. 

     "I would be happy to." Hailee said. "Do you happen to have something I can sign it with?" 

     "Right here." She handed Hailee a sharpie. "And here's a piece of paper for each of you. Thank you so much!" 

     Hailee signed a sweet message for the hostess' kids and I wrote something too. After that she sat us down at a table where I could easily look into Hailee's gorgeous brown eyes. 

     "You guys can have anything you want. On me." The hostess said. 

     "No I'll buy it, please don't worry about it." I said to her. Hailee looked at me with a cute little smile on her face but then quickly hid it. 

     "I insist." She said. "What do you guys want? I'm taking your order." 

     I motioned to Hailee. "I'll have a vanilla frappuccino please." Hailee ordered. 

     "I'll just have a caramel latte." I said. 

     "Coming right up." The hostess walked away. She seemed cheery after she found out who we were. Now Hailee and I were alone. Except for people around us, but they weren't right next to us. 

     "I think our song is going to be awesome." She said. "The fans will be so happy." 

     "Yeah they will. I wouldn't be surprised if this was number one on the charts for a while." I said. 

     "Fans kept tweeting me to a collab with you. Now they got their wish." She smiled and it lit up the room. 

     "Yeah." I laughed. "I just wish that the fans weren't mad at us because now this is going to leak everywhere." 

     "Well, they can believe what they want, but we are two friends just hanging out to get coffee. Like if we were dating, we would probably be holding hands or something." 

     "True." I said. I'm hoping that Hailee can think that we can be more than friends soon, but we probably shouldn't rush into anything too quickly. 

     The hostess came back with our coffees. "Enjoy." She said and then left us be. 

     Hailee brought the cup to her lips. "Oh that's good." She said. 

     I tasted my latte and it was the best latte I've ever had. "That's the best latte I've ever had!" I exclaimed. The hostess ran over to us and held up her cell phone. 

     "Sorry, but can you say that again? This will really help this shop and encourage your fans to come here." 

     "It's okay. I understand. I'll say it now: That's the best latte I've ever had!" I said with the same amount of enthusiasm I had before. I looked over at Hailee for a second and she giggled. 

     "Thank you." The hostess ran over back to the counter. I turned my head back to Hailee's and she was sipping her coffee but smiling like she was trying not to laugh. 

     "What?" I asked jokingly. 

     "Nothing." She smiled again and took another small sip of her coffee. 

     "I don't even know what to do for the rest of the day because I got to leave the studio early." She said. 

     "Me too. I'm usually at my studio until midnight." 

     "I'm feeling up for an epic adventure." 

     "It sounds fun." I said. 

     "Yeah....." 

     We finished our coffee and ran out of the shop quickly. Fans were running up towards us but luckily Hailee and I both ended up in the car and locked the doors immediately. The fans were pounding on the windows. Hailee was in the driver's seat and she made sure that they were out of the way so that way she could pull away and that we could go wherever the road takes us...