The Dinner Party Part 1 (Hailee's POV)

#ShaileeScandal? Why? I went onto twitter and was horrified by the comments on there. Earlier at the coffee shop, I tweeted "I have a big surprise coming soon." Along with my favorite devil emoji, but then most of the comments were about me dating Shawn, such as "Oh, the surprise that you're dating Shawn Mendes?", "I think #Shailee sucks. Go #Shamila!", and "Shawn should be making out with Camila, not Hailee. Bye". These were hurtful. I thought about all of it with the warm water hitting my body in the shower. 

     I dried off and picked out a very beautiful, glimmering black dress. I put it on and then blow-dried my hair. Then I straightened it and did my makeup. After that I checked twitter and #ShaileeScandal was still the number one trend in the world. Most of them were about that Shawn should be dating Camila Cabello, not me. I love Camila. She's a very dear friend, and I wish that they weren't bringing her into this. 

      I got a notification that Shawn tweeted and I clicked on it. His tweet read: "Guys. Listen I love you all, but Hailee and I are a thing now and you need to learn to accept that. If you can't then, tough. Please stop sending this hurtful tweets." Awe. He's so sweet. I got a notification that Camila tweeted too and clicked on it and her tweet read: "Shawn and I are just friends, like we keep saying. Shawn and Hailee are two of my dearest friends, so please do them a favor and leave them alone #SpreadLove". I love her. 

     I composed a tweet to Camila that said: Camila, Thank you so much. I really appreciate you and all that you do. Love you <3". Then I tweeted Shawn: "Thank you babe. We really want to be happy, so please either leave us alone or support us. We love you." 

     I then sat in my room for a while. My parents and Griffin were prepping for the party but we had some people cooking in the kitchen downstairs. Shawn and his family should be here in a few minutes. I came out of my room and went downstairs. Griffin stood there with my parents. They were all dressed up. Then I looked outside and saw a car pull up. I knew it was Shawn and his family. 

     Griffin opened the door for them. 

     "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Mendes, I'm Griffin, Hailee's older brother." 

     "Hi Griffin. It's very nice to meet you." Shawn's mother greeted and shook his hand. 

     Aaliyah followed her parents inside. Then they all came over to me. 

     "Hi Hailee, I'm Shawn's sister, Aaliyah." 

     "It's so nice to meet you Aaliyah. Hi Mr. and Mrs. Mendes." I said. "It's very nice to meet you." 

     "Oh please call me Manuel and this is my wife Karen." Shawn's father said. 

     Then Shawn's parents walked over to my parents. It was weird that Shawn didn't come inside yet. 

     "Hi I'm Cheri and this s my husband, Peter." My mother said. 

     "Karen. This is my husband Manuel." Shawn's mother said. 

     I looked outside the window and I saw Shawn motioning for me to come outside. 

     "Excuse me." I said and quickly ran out the door, despite wearing heels. 

     I closed the door behind me and saw Shawn standing there. He looked really good. He was wearing a tuxedo. 

     "What's wrong babe?" I asked. 

     "Nothing, I just wanted to see you alone. You look so beautiful." He said. 

     I ran into his arms and hugged him. He was wearing a really nice cologne that made me not want to let go of him. He put his arms around my waist and then I looked up at him, then kissed him quickly. 

     "We should probably get inside, our parents are waiting." I said. 

     "One sec. I think we also finally shut down the Shailee Scandal. And I think Camila and some of our other friends have helped us. I also wanted to tell you that just because I didn't want to make it a big deal in front of our parents though they already know." Shawn said. 

     "This is awesome. I think we need to get together with everyone that has helped us and maybe do something for the fans that aren't being mean to us about it. Which other celebrities have helped us?" I asked. 

     "Your friend Bailee Madison has helped also Sabrina Carpenter even Taylor Swift stepped in. Also Cara Delevingne, Kendall Jenner, Sophie Wood, Sophie Turner and more. My friend Cameron Dallas helped too." 

     "That's so awesome. I could cry." I said. I grabbed his hand and we went inside. 

     "There they are." Griffin said. Everyone was just chatting in the living room. They all turned their heads toward us. 

     "Let's eat!" Aaliyah exclaimed and everyone headed toward the dining room. 

     Shawn's parents sat next to each other and my parents sat next to each other. Griffin and Aaliyah sat next to each other and then of course, I sat next to Shawn. 

     "So, how exactly did you two meet?" Aaliyah asked. 

     "Yeah how did you meet?" Griffin asked. 

     Shawn grabbed my hand under the table and I gently squeezed it. 

     "Well, um, Charlie said he wanted to record a collaboration today and I didn't know who it be with but then Shawn walked into the room and boom, I immediately had a crush on him." I said. 

     "Yeah, I walked into the room and I was stunned by Hailee. I knew about her but never really saw her before." Shawn said. Awe. 

     "Awe how sweet." Griffin said sarcastically and I nudged him in the arm. He was just trying to be funny but still. 

     "No I think it's sweet. I really do." Shawn's mom said. I'm happy she approves. It's very important to me. 

     "When did the whole make out session happen?" Aaliyah asked quietly and Griffin started cracking up. 

     "Aaliyah!" Shawn's father exclaimed. 

     "Griffin, that is enough." My mom said quietly. He stopped immediately. 

     "It's okay. Well I mean Hailee took me to this waterfall area where she shot the Edge of 17 and paparazzi and fans found us so we ran into a cave and proclaimed our feelings for each other and then we kissed." Shawn explained. 

     "Made out.." Aaliyah mumbled. Her parents looked at her shockingly. "I'm sorry, that's the last one!" She exclaimed. 

     "Then we decided we wanted you all to meet each other, so we agreed on having a dinner party." I said. "And here we are eating our salad." I laughed and then looked at Shawn. He wrapped his leg around mine and then I put my head on his shoulder. 

     "I think it's sweet. I'm very happy to see that my daughter is happy." My dad said. But Shawn, I would like to chat with you when we finish here." Oh god. 

     "Sure thing Mr. Steinfeld." Shawn replied. Such a gentleman.