The Dinner Part Part 2 (Shawn's POV)

Oh goodness. Mr. Steinfeld wanted to talk to me which scared me a little bit but I just wanted to focus on what is happening right now. I'm next to my new girlfriend, we shut down the Shailee Scandal and now we are relaxing, laughing and having a good time together. We were almost down with our food. 

     I finished my salad and Mr. Steinfeld looked over at me and then opened his mouth to speak. 

     "Shawn, can I talk to you upstairs please?" He asked. 

     "Of course." I smiled and followed him upstairs. We went into this little sitting area/room and Mr. Steinfeld had a seat on a couch and I sat on the one opposite of him. 

     "So I take it that you really like my daughter? Don't worry, son. I'm not mad, I just wanted to talk to you and ask you a few questions first. I understand that she's almost 20 years old and you just turned 18 but she will always be my little girl." Mr. Steinfeld said. 

     "I really like your daughter. I completely understand your concern Mr. Steinfeld, but your daughter is in my best interest." I said. 

     "That's nice to hear. What exactly is your intentions with my daughter?" He asked. 

     "My intentions are to take care of her and cherish her. I don't have any bad intentions for her. I really like her. I don't want to see her get hurt or cry. And if she does end up crying, I'll be right there to talk her through it and wipe her tears away. I always want to be by her side and be there when she needs me." I explained. I wasn't making this up, this was real. 

     "I'm happy to hear that your intentions are in the right place. I know there are guys out there with the wrong intentions, and I'm glad to see that yours are in the right place." He placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled. "I think Hailee will be just fine with you. Thanks for chatting with me Shawn. Thank you for letting me know that with you, my daughter will be just fine." 

     "No problem, Mr. Steinfeld." I said. Then we went downstairs and Hailee was chatting with my parents on the couch. 

     Mr. Steinfeld walked over to Hailee. "You'll be just fine with this one. He's a good one." 

     "I know I will, Dad. I'm glad to hear that you approve." She said and quickly hugged her dad. 

     "And Shawn, you'll be fine with Hailee. She's perfect for you." My dad said. Wow. His seal of approval was very important and he gave it for sure. 

     Hailee turned to me and walked up to me. She opened her mouth to speak. 

     "Our parents like us together. That's good." She whispered. 

     "Yes it is." I whispered back. 

     I followed Hailee. We were going toward the kitchen but we passed the dining room where Griffin and Aaliyah were chatting and laughing. Even our siblings are becoming friends. 

     Hailee turned on the sink and began cleaning the dishes and I came up behind her and put my arms around her waist. 

     "I've always wanted this." She said. "I've wanted this kind of relationship." 

     "What kind of relationship is that?" I asked wittingly. 

     "The kind that's not just about physical attraction, but mental attraction too. To where even the smallest gestures are a big deal. Like we aren't one of those couples that constantly can't keep their hands to themselves, though we enjoy holding hands and stuff but like we don't have to make out all the time just to show that we like each other. We can just talk or you put your arms around my waist to show that you care." 

     "Whoah..." I said and started laughing. 

     "What?" She asked and I turned her around to see her face. 

     "Just you and how amazing you are." I said. 

     "Thanks." She said. 

     It's crazy how I've only known Hailee for a day, but I feel like I've known her my whole life.