The Opening (Hailee's POV)

"It's okay." He said. I wanted to go over, jump on him and kiss him. But I wasn't going to. I don't want to get hurt if he doesn't like me. 

     I smiled trying to hold back my feelings for him. I really, really like him. 

     "Hailee..." He began. 

     "Yes?" I looked at him with my eyes widened. 

     "Uh.....Jump back into the water with me!" He looked scared. He looked as if he had just seen a ghost. 

     "What? Shawn, why do you look so scared?" I asked. I turned behind me and saw a huge mob of fans and paparazzi.

     They stared running toward us and that's when I dove into the water and swam beside Shawn. 

     "Under the waterfall." He whispered. I didn't see anything, but I'll trust him. 

     I approached beneath the waterfall and Shawn held out his hand for me to help me get out of the water. 

     "Thanks." I whispered. I spotted a cave now and we ran into it. Luckily it wasn't too dark, we could still each other's faces. I took a seat across from Shawn and wrapped my arms and around my folded legs. 

     "How did you know this was here?" I asked. "It saved us for sure." 

     "I saw it after swimming for a little bit and it turns out that it's the perfect escape plan." He laughed. 

     Oh goodness. I really wanted to tell him how I felt. After a few seconds after thinking about it, I figured, you only live once. And you have got to live that life to the fullest. 

     "Shawn...I like you. I like you a lot. I've kept my feelings in all day and-" Before I knew it, I felt his warm lips on mine and his hand pressed against my cheek. My head was resting on the side of the cave now. I wrapped my arms around Shawn's neck and brought him even closer to me. This felt....nice. It felt right to be kissing Shawn. But then we were interrupted when we saw fans coming into the cave. Their clothes were soaking wet. Apparently they will do anything to see their idols. Shawn and I turned to the fans and someone took a picture of us. My arms were still around Shawn's neck and he still had his hand on my cheek. 

     How on earth did they use a camera after swimming to see us? Maybe this fan had a special way I don't know. 

     "Told you they were dating!" A fan screamed. 

     "I'm so jealous of her! I was supposed to end up with Shawn!" Another one yelled. 

     "And I was supposed to end up with Hailee!" A male fan screamed. 

     I turned to Shawn, our faces centimeters apart. 

     "What do we do?" I whispered. 

     Shawn opened his mouth to say something but then turned to the fans. 

     "Listen guys. We love you all, but you guys have got to respect our privacy! I understand we are famous and it's hard not to, but we really like each other, and you guys need to understand that. Hailee and I wanted a peaceful, quiet day alone. Is that too much to ask?" 

     I looked at Shawn with a smile on my face. He turned to me and smiled. Then he picked me up like how a groom would pick up his bride and then carried me out of the cave. The fans just stood there, speechless. They moved out of his way immediately,  and then he looked to me. 

     "Are you ready, Hailee?" He asked and smiled. 

     "Yes, I am ready." I replied. 

     "Then let's take this jump." 

     I nodded. And then Shawn and I leaped into a world where we could do whatever we wanted without being criticized.