Chapter 7

I woke up in a strange room, with a strangers arms around me. I finally realized that I was in Jason's room, and he must've carried me in there last night after I fell asleep.

 I finally realized that I was in Jason's room, and he must've carried me in there last night after I fell asleep

^^^^{Jason's room}^^^^

I quietly got up and went to my room to well, I don't know what I was planning on doing. I decided to look around in the closet and see if I could find anything relatively modest. The best I found was shorts and an off-the-shoulder top. Go figure. I took a bath (he must've been planning my room for a while because it had EVERYTHING I could EVER need) and braided my hair. I was about to go downstairs and see if anyone was up yet when I saw a few pieces of broken glass. I couldn't stop myself. I picked up a piece and pulled it across my wrist. Blood dripped to the floor along with all my emotions. I heard my room door open and tried to wash the blood off before someone saw it. It was too late. "What are you doing?!" Jason yelled. "I-I'm sorry," I said, starting to cry. "Don't ever hurt yourself again! Do you understand?!" "Y-yes sir..." He sighed and held my wrist under the faucet and washed my cuts. "Look, I'm sorry I yelled at you. But you can never do this again. Ok, love?" I nodded. "Come on, let's go get some breakfast."

^^^^{the bathroom}^^^^

^^^^{Abigail}^^^^

After breakfast, he told me he had to leave for work, but Carson would be there if I needed something. Then he showed me the library. Oh my goodness. It's amazing. He smiled at my amazement and said, "You like it?" "It's beautiful." "Well, you can use it all you want, you live here now." I reached for a copy of C.S Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia. I would start with this. "Thank you so much," I said to Jason. He shrugged and smiled like it was no big deal. "I'll be back late, so just go to bed whenever. And listen to Carson, whatever he tells you to do. Love you, babe," he said and kissed my cheek. "K bye," I mumbled.

^^^^{the library}^^^^

The rest of the day was I uneventful. I read a lot and talked about the book with Carson, who also likes to read. Finally, at about 10 pm, I decided to go to bed. I got into pjs and told Carson goodnight. "Night, love," he said, as I went into Jason's room. It felt weird being in his room without him, like I was invading his space or something. I slipped between the covers, which smelled like him, and drifted off. I woke up at about 1 am when Jason got home. "Where were you?" I asked him. "Do you trust me? Wait, don't answer that. Look, I'm trying to protect you. Someone wants to hurt you, but I can't tell you anymore. I promise I'm the good guy here." He crawled into bed beside me and put his arm around me. I expected myself to pull away from him but I found myself snuggling into his chest. I looked up into his eyes and saw him smiling down at me. "You're adorable," he said. I blushed and buried my face in his shirt. He wrapped his arms tighter around me and I feel into a deep sleep.