Chapter 9

Guys I feel bad abt not updating last week and idk if I will be able to update tomorrow so here ya go.

I don't really remember much about the flight to bora bora, except I slept most of the time. Jason got the window seat and I just leaned against him, with his arm around me, and slept.

When we got there we went straight to out hotel to check in. On our way to he hotel he whispered in my ear, "For this entire trip, your name is Gabriela and you're married to me and we are on our honeymoon ok?"

So now not only have I been kidnapped, but I also have to change my name and pretend to be married. He pulled out a wedding ring and slipped it on my finger.

^^^^{wedding ring}^^^^

He checked in at the hotel, and our room was under the name Curtis. I guess that's my new last name now. I thought of my best friend Emma. Curtis was her last name....... Could there be a connection? I was interrupted from my thoughts when the hotel worker asked for my name.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Your name?"

"Oh, Gabriela"

"Last name?"

I looked at Jason, who have a slight nod. "Curtis," I answered with a smile.

Jason leaned in and kissed me and said, "Mmm I'm so glad we share a last name now."

The worker looked at us and said, "awww, well I hope you enjoy your stay."

I realized that Jason had been putting on a show on purpose, but I didn't know why. I also realized that everyone had heard our conversation when an older woman smiled at me and her husband winked at me.

As soon as we got to our room, I asked Jason the question I'd been wondering all along.m

"Why am I here?"

"You mean why are we in bora bora?"

"No, yes, I don't know. Why am I with you in the first place? And then yes, why are we in bora bora?"

"Well I suppose I do owe you an explanation," he began with a sigh.

So basically to paraphrase what Jason said: Jason's a friend of my brother Brandon, who if you'll remember, was the reason I was where Jason could kidnap me in the first place. It turns out, when Brandon saw me go outside, he told Jason, so that Jason could get me. They had been planning this for awhile. This guy named Matthew was after my family because my dad owed him some money but then my dad disappeared and never paid him back. My brother was worried about me specifically getting hurt, but he knew I would never leave my family unless I was forced to. So he asked Jason to "kidnap" me and keep me until his was all resolved. And we came to bora bora so I would be harder to find, in case Matthew decided to come looking for me.

When Jason had finished telling me everything I was just so shocked.

"So can I call my brother?"

"No."

"Why not?!"

"Because I said no!"

I reached for his phone but he grabbed my hands and wouldn't let me go.

"I SAID NO!" he yelled, and slapped my face. I tried to pull away from him; he was terrifying when he went into this other personality. He tightened his grip on my wrists and slapped me again and again. I took off my "wedding" ring and flung it across the room.

"I am not going treated like this and be expected to act like everything is great and we're some happy married couple," I said screamed, with tears streaming down my face.

He let go of me and I collapsed on the floor. He walked over to the bed and sat with his back to me and started crying. For some reason, even after the way he abused me, I felt to need to go comfort him.

I walked over to him and gently sat on the bed. I rubbed his back with one hand and simply sat there with him until he spoke.

"I never wanted to hurt you."

"I know."

"I-I'm sorry, Abigail, I don't know how to stop myself. I'm bipolar, you know."

"I know, but this can't keep happening."

"Are you leaving me?"

"I don't know."

"Please don't leave me."

He started crying again and it broke my heart.

"I won't leave you. Yet. But this cannot happen again."

"I-I need help. I can't do this alone."

"I'll stay, and I'll help you, because I love you, and I know that the real you would never hurt me like that."

"Do you promise?"

"I promise."

He may be a psycho bipolar kidnapper, but there's more to him.

Somewhere underneath his mask is the real Jason.

And it's my job to help find him, to bring him back to life.