Chapter 2: T E M P O R A R Y

Waiting, you just remembered somethings that happened. Since the last month, Idate was somehow distant. He often leaves the house without telling you where he is going and just comes back when you are already sleeping.

You were worried, of course, but you couldn't do anything. You asked many times what was wrong but he always answered with a "I'm just tired" and then looked away. You were really insecure about it and wondered if he was tired of you. Maybe he doesn't love you anymore...

Hey, stop thinking bad things. He promised he'll always be with you no matter what so you trust him. But still... there's always worry.

"Are we there?" you asked. There was no ice anymore.

"For the twelfth time, no," Idate answered impatiently. "I'll tell you when we get there."

"Aah, I'm bored," you said as you lay down. "And sleepy..."

"Hey, don't sleep on me," he said. "We're almost there."

"Really?!" you got up and turned your gaze at the horizon. "Man, here's really beautiful..."

"Here?" he scoffed. "You saw nothing. Down there we have the best view ever..."

"Uh?" you were confused. What does he mean with down there?

"Did you drink that... juice I told you to drink before we left?" he asked cautiously.

"Ew, yeah." you answered. "That thing was really gross. What it is supposed to do?"

"Well..." he sighed slowly. "Let's say that thing is a potion."

"WHAT," you yelled. "AM I GOIN' TO DIE"

"Hey, don't yell at me," he scoffed. "And no, you're not going to die. In fact, it's the opposite. The potion will allow you to breathe in the water."

"Wait... what you're saying is... that now I can bREATHE UNDER WATER?" you asked excitedly.

"That's right."

"Oh gosh, I'm really anxious to see down there!" you smiled sweetly. "But I'm more anxious to know what you planned!"

"Soon, honey. Soon." he sighed thoughtful. Even though you act like a child some times, he loves your excited voice and makes what is possible to hear it.

Absolutely, you were not a good swimmer, so Idate had to help you to get to the "ground" of the ocean. You don't know why but you were kind of afraid of the bottom of the ocean, but Idate calmed you down with some kisses.

When you two finally reached the bottom, you were amazed. It wasn't scary at all, but the opposite. It was really beautiful, something you would never imagine in your whole life.

The sunlight through the water made the scene so magical. Quite something like a fairytale. It feels like you're dreaming.

At the moment, Idate was covering your eyes with his gloved hands while leading you to some place you had no idea where it is.

He said he wanted to surprise you. You can't help but feel excited.

After almost 10 minutes walking, Idate finally removed his hands from your eyes. "Aaand... we're here!" he said cheerfully.

The moment your gaze reached the path... you just couldn't believe on what you're looking at. This couldn't be real.

Stars. That's it. Stars shooting through the "sky". That was absolutely amazing, you couldn't hold yourself, a bright smile forming in your lips.

"That's the Sea of Stars," Idate said with a grin, looking at the path. "I thought you would like it since you said once you love stars and that kind of stuff. So... this place is perfect for what I've planned."

"Oh gosh, I can't believe you remember it!" you hugged him tightly. "I love it so much!"

He hugged you back. "I'm glad to hear it."

You both just stood there, hugging each other and looking at the beautiful landscape.

"But... I still don't know what you have planned for today." you suddenly asked.

Idate slightly cringed.

He stood weirdly quiet for a while. You wondered what got into him...

After some minutes staring at the beautiful landscape, he turned his gaze to you.

"Look, J-Jay..." he mumbled, avoiding looking at your eyes. He seemed extremely nervous. Was he trembling...?

"Are you okay, Idate?" you asked gently as you put your hand on his shoulder. He really was trembling. "Something's wrong?"

"No, nothing is wrong, I just..." he couldn't find the words. He has to do this. He cleared his throat.

"You know how important you are to me, right? And how you've changed me and the way I see the world. You know how much I need you," he grabbed your hands gently, looking directly at your eyes. "You're the most important thing in my life and... we've been together for more than a year. That's a lot of days, right? So... I... want to be with you more. More than just a year. I want to be with you till the rest of my life. I mean..." he knelt down and grabbed something on his pocket. A little red box. Your heart was beating fast.

"I may seem ridiculous now, but..." he sighed deeply and opened the little box, showing a silver ring inside it. "(Y/N), will you marry me?"

You couldn't find the words to describe how you were feeling right now. You were so insecure before, but now... all you feel is happiness.

Happy tears scrolled down your blushed cheeks while you gave him the happy smile he always loves to see. Happiness. This is true happiness.

Trembling, you just knelt in front of him and entered your face on his chest as you hugged him tightly. He hugged you back.

"Yes, I will marry you, Idate," you whispered. "I want to be with you till the end of my days."

He smiled and then kissed you softly. "I love you, (Y/N)," he put the ring on your ring finger. "And I swear I'll never let you go..."

Little did you know... that happiness wouldn't last too much.

__________

I really want to apologize for not being able to update this story. I guess I have to explain my situation... there it goes.

Well, I think no one here knows, but I have depression. I have been fighting with this all by myself for years, but now i just can't take it anymore, then... I had kind of an "attack", how I call it, and I couldn't even get out of my bed. I think i'm getting better but i'm so pessimist that i'm just waiting till I actually kill myself.

Anyway, I really hope you guys understand that i'm not well, but i'll try my best to update once at week. Have a good day/night ♥