Envelope #4

***the letter***

Bismillah (in the name of God)

I was driving to somewhere the last day, and I happened to fall in the traffic jam.
I made several stopes at different parts of the road, and one of them was next to that private school. Its black fence was tall enough to climb it, and it was designed in a way to deprive you, and any passer by,  from seeing what's going on, on the other side.

I have read so many times about poor kids wanting to go to school, thus there's no enough money...
I never understood the process. And I never thought that a similar scene could be that heartbreaking!

A small little kid, wearing dirty clothes, and a slipper, was glued to the black fence. His hands were supported next to his head, as he tried to look through the little hole in that metal fence.

The thing that made me smile sadly and feel the meaning of all this, was the smile stuck on his face.
He seemed like a member of a cheering crowd. I wasn't sure what exactly he was looking at, but the sound of the kids playing around assured me that it was recess time.
He was smiling as if he was a part of them, as if he's playing with them, as if he joined school with them. But truth be said: he was on the other side, on the opposite side.

And even if he wasn't among them, his smile made me question my sanity. Maybe I imagined him being on the other side while he was actually on the school's grounds?

I mean how come someone want something so bad, but instead of crying for it, is smiling because others have it? And he's only a little child, around 8-9 years old!

How come?!

I was awaken from my thoughts as the car behind me honked for me to move, since the road was open again, but I couldn't stop thinking about that kid!

I've been living my whole life with stuff in my hands. I had everything that I needed. And I took this for granted.

Other people are dreaming to go to school while you're dropping class to look cool in front of your so called group of friends.
People are dreaming of a change in the food they are having (because they can't afford other types) while you're complaining how there's no salt in your meal.
People are dreaming of a new pair of shoes since they have non, while you're crying because your parents didn't get you that new pair of football shoes Messi advertised —not to forget that you already have a collection of footwear.

Where's those people? And where are you?

It was fate to see that kid, it was Allah's plan for me to see that kid, and I thank him because He reminded me of His blessings. He reminded me that I had a lot of things that I am taking for granted while others are trying to have just a piece of bread for living.

I remember my vision blurred out a little as I drove away.

And I couldn't stop myself from thanking Allah and praising Him for the uncountable blessing He provided me with when I asked for nothing.

I actually was complaining about my job that morning.
And here I am now saying Alhmadullilah, and appreciating my position, as other people don't have a decent job to fill their family needs.

***the quote card***

If you are grateful, I will give you more [14:7]

***the picture***