Envelope #11

***the letter***

Bismillah

Let me tell you what happened today and I'll let you think about it.

So it's been exactly 3 months since we gave our cat away.
We got her when she was 2months old. We never expected to love an animal this much, to a point even my little sister -who actually had a phobia of cats- drew closer to it.

My father is a healthy man, no sickness kicking anywhere, until a few months ago when he started to cough in scary ways.. later on, we figured out that he started to have asthma ...

Obviously, it was from the cat's fur...

We tried to let the cat go several times, but she wouldn't adjust to the new family who took her in. So every time we let her go the new family returns her back.
We tried that around four times... and we were always getting the same results.
It's like she's one of us, she's the third daughter and she's not going to leave!

3 months ago, mom found out a guy who's interested in having our cat, so he took her away... and that was the last time we saw her.

Oh, may I add that her name is Kiwi

Yup, we all know that Kiwi is a fruit name but her eyes, man! They are a beautiful set of green eyes and why not call her a fruit name XP

Now, two days ago dad got a message from my aunt's husband, showing him a picture of a cat that looks so similar to our Kiwi.
My aunt's husband told my dad that; he was at one of his friend's, who told him in his turn about a little cat his sister got.
The cat was so aggressive with them and didn't eat or use the litter box, which got the family who adopted her to send her back.
Now the other thing is that since mom gave the cat to a person who works at a pet shop we didn't know exactly who has her, which throw us into another equation.

The family who took the cat from the pet shop was a family neighboring us back when we had a home in the suburbs.

To some point, dad was so excited to get there and see if the cat was ours since we weren't sure if it was her in the picture, no collar was showing, and the circumstances of the taken picture was a bit scary. The cat seemed terrified, its eyes were open so wide making us question if that cat was kiwi in the first place.

Mom was against the idea, since a) it was 10 at night, and b) we didn't have to risk it.

So the news died down and Saturday came and went on a normal weekend day.
But when we got into Sunday dad and mom somehow got excited again, maybe it was the longing that kicked in, as kiwi was a hell of a cute full of life cat.

I didn't argue with any of them, I kept the thing take the lead and waited to see the results.

My parents kept on saying that they're only going to check if that's her and that they are not planning on getting her back home.

That being said, my sister and I accompanied our parents to that neighbor's house.

The house was a quite of a lonely house, with a little tiny garden attached to it, and nobody was around, just one single car passed us the whole time we were there.

My parents were the first to get out of the car, and the next thing I know they were trying to search for kiwi in the fenced garden.
We couldn't actually go any further than the fence stood.
But it came as a sudden act when we heard a cat meowing.
We saw no actual cat around, we just heard its calls.
Mom started to call out her name and at ever call the cat meowed.
Dad got excited thinking that's her. But I thought for a while;
It was a deserted neighborhood, no people were around, it may be logical enough to say the cat wanted some company.

But then they saw its head peaking from some sort of a cage and it was white: just like Kiwi's head.

Dad then backed away and knocked on the house's door to ask the owner about the cat.
It took them a little while to chat about the fact that they were actual neighbors a few years ago.
Our neighbor told my dad about the whole adventure they lived with the cat, claiming that he was trying to find a legal way to get rid of her.
Then we were allowed into the garden where my sister freaked out when she realized that it was actually Kiwi because of the necklace she always wears.

At that moment everyone was shaken.
After three whole months of not hearing about her, now, we stand a foot away from her.
My whole family was in tears, and I was standing there watching them feel all the emotions that are there to feel in a similar situation.
It was actually huge, maybe even hard to believe but it happened and it was not close to being expected.

Now from here, long story short, we got Kiwi back home, gave her million baths and tried to make her feel home again.
She actually meowed at every one of us, moving her tail rhythmically on our legs. She used to be so hyper before those three months. Now, it feels like she's trying her best to be on her best behavior so that we don't give her away again.

I didn't narrate all this story for nothing, I wanted to point out at the things I analyzed after all this.

This is Allah's plan from the very beginning.
And this cat had prayed to go back home in some way, and truly Allah gave her what she wanted. He took care of her until she got back, and He is still taking care of her.

Now if that was just for a cat, a small animal, wouldn't He be taking care of every beat of his honored creation? Humans?
If He the Almighty was taking care of that little cat, won't He be taking care of you too even when you're not noticing??

It's been a big conclusion, and I've been stopping at it every once in a while.

People need to understand this thing, but I guess it's the moments and the journeys you live in that makes you realize things were actually always there. You were just so blind to think about it ...

***the quote card***

لَّا يَضِلُّ رَبِّى وَلَا يَنسَى ﴿٥٢﴾؅
My Lord neither errs nor forgets."
Quran (20:52)

***the picture***