Chapter two~Tallest purple dead

~~4 years 5 months later~~

~Red's pov~

"No you can't die not here. Not  now. Who's going to lead with me after you die." I sob.
Currently the Tallest purple is dying. He got an incurable disease about a year ago. He's been trying to fight it for so long and his time is finally running out. The Irken empire needs two rulers. That's how it's been for almost ever. (That's probably not true in the original show, but this is the only way this book will make any sense).
"I can't rule without you." I cry to him.
"It'll be ok." He tells me "I know you can find a replacement and rule by yourself until you do."
"I cannot replace you. You are 100% irreplaceable." I loved purple like a brother. I couldn't just let him go like this. I didn't want to find a 'replacement' for him.
"Please, for me, promise you will find the next tallest Irkin you can find." He asks of me weakly.
"I promise, brother." I tell him.
"thank you, brother." And with that he drew his last few breaths.
I there for a few more minutes, crying that I had lost the only person I held dear.

After I composed myself I go to tell the rest of the empire.

"Dearest Irkens, it pains me to tell you that your tallest purple has passed away. Even with this grave news we must keep moving and keep invading. His last wish is for us not to morn over his death and to find the next tallest and that is exactly what I will do." After my speech I went to start making the preparations for finding the next tallest.

~Time skip~

It had been a few weeks since I had started my search for the new tallest and no one had come close to being as tall as purple. Not to mention that there were rumors of other planets planning to invade us. They were taking this opportunity while we were in such a delicate state to attack us.  With the state that we are in we probably not be able to withstand the attack from the other planets. I had to find a new tallest and fast.

~Time skip again 1week later~

It turns out the rumors were true. Some other planets had started closing in on the Irken empire. We are just barley able to hold them off to defend ourselves. All my hope had been lost until I got this weird call. It was from Zim. I swear, he dare call me at such a time whenI we are losing the fight. Then I heard him say something.

"Gir what did you do?! I told you not to be messing around down here" Zim says.

"I'm sorry master." Gir tells Zim

"It's ok. Just don't do it again."~ Zim

Then he presses a button to turn off the whole lab which then ended our transmission. One thing I noticed is that he probably didn't see me on the transmission. Second that he had grown quite a bit. He was taller than all the others(Irkens). He was not as tall as purple but he was still the second tallest and I was going to make him come back to Irk and lead.

~Dibs pov~
I'm currently in my second year of high school. It has been years since I have seen Zim. After the first year of his disappearance I searched for him. I couldn't search for him on foot. What would I even say
"Dad will you give me some money so I can go search for my arch nemesis across the whole world."
No that would be crazy he would never let me do that. So I did what I could from home. After a year though, I just gave up.
Honestly, I probably won't ever see him again anyway. I don't even know why I'm thinking about this.
Right now we're being math class the most dreadful part of the day.

"Okay class we have a new student joining us today."

I couldn't care less about this new student. They would probably be jerks just like everyone else in this stupid school.
They teacher went in telling us to be nice to him and all that crap.

"Would you like to introduce yourself" the teacher says.

When I looked up I was shocked at who I saw.

"Hi my name is...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay cliffhanger
Bye 👋