Chapter one - Banishment begins

"N- lelya- evil ún" (be gone evil creature) A cry reached my ears and the ring of blades crashing made me crash my back into the wall behind me. I peered around the corner. An ugly faced being was attacking my mother, and the fair haired queen who was trying to help attack the creature. A quick slash hit my mother while she tried to move the queen back from the beast. And she fell down.

He grabbed her and held his nasty sword to his neck "Drop the sword she-elf." He hissed.

"Baw" (No) mother strangled out as the blade pushed further into her neck and blood seemed to start flowing more heavily. The bruises on her face standing out from her paling face. The queen looked conflicted before the sword dropped to the ground with a clang.

The Orc flung my mother aside and swept up the queen delivering a swift blow to her head, rendering her unconscious. He turned and my brave mother struggled to her feet trailing blood after her charge.

When she reached the doors she collapsed. "Naneth!"(Mother) I cried darting after her. "Guards! Guards" I called cradling my mother's head.

Weakly she pushed me off and used the wall to pull her back up. "No Elbereth, it is my duty to protect the queen" I dropped my hands.

"Then what can I do?" I asked.

She grunted in pain "Pick up the queens sword and help, for Valar's sake Elbereth did I raise you a fool?" I huffed and ran to pick up the sword before following her down the hall tracking the muddy disfigured prints.

She collapsed again, this time however I pushed her back down into the pool of blood that was already forming at her feet "Baw Nana, dorth"(No mum, stay) I said gently "you are too injured. I will do this" she nodded the fatigue getting to her. And with one last glance I ran after my queen and the wretched beast.

Outside however there was no trace and I made a start to the woods assuming that he would be there, with my queen. I turned towards a crack and a heavy branch flew towards my head. The last thing I saw was the queen's stoic face.

I knelt in front of the throne Thranduil sat there with the Prince of Greenwood standing at his side, my mother knelt beside me trying to hold herself up "No, no, please. Please your majesty" Thranduil shook his head "at least let my mother heal before we leave" I begged.

"No you must be out of my lands before sundown" He commanded.

"Father, please let Saerilla rest. She was your most loyal guard" I shook my head, Thranduil wouldn't be wavered I could sense that much.

"No, Prince Legolas, it is your father's will" I closed my eyes and a single tear dripped onto the floor, I turned and help my mother off the floor, and headed to the edge of the beautiful forest.

I shivered from the cold, even in this cave warmth was limited and I daren't light a fire, my mother lay on the floor, luckily a healer had come along the hall and had begun to heal her before we were banished and so the bleeding had stopped, I still feared for her life though, she was deathly pale and despite my warm cloak that lay over her fur covered one she shivered. I opened my eyes again, they had begun to fall close more often due to the stress of today's ordeal. And unwillingly I drifted to sleep.

Days turned into a week and my mother was getting steadily worse, and with no way of transporting her to civilization there was nothing much I could do besides watch her die. I sighed, standing to go and gather some more wood for the fire I had taken a chance to light.

I wandered around the base of the cliff picking up stray branches before heading back to the cave. I carefully piled the kindling up against the wall before turning to my mother, I stumbled forwards shocked. I couldn't hear a heartbeat! I pushed her hair out of her face quickly checking for signs of life but all I could find was greying skin and a still chest.

With a cry, I pulled her hand to my chest before looping my arm behind her shoulders and under her knees and with a swift movement I pulled her up, stumbling towards the cave entrance, I found a clear patch of stony ground and lay her there.

Kissing her forehead I pulled her cloak over her face and began to scout for stones to cover her, and stone by stone. I buried the last remaining memory of my life in greenwood.

I sat at the foot of her grave for three days mourning my loss when a howl rang through my frozen bones. I closed my eyes waiting for the beast to kill me so I could lie alongside my mother, but a snuffing filled my ears, and a wet substance hit my cheek before large teeth gently grazed my ear in an affectionate nibble. Tears were running down my face as I knelt shock still letting this gigantic beast examine me.

It let out a purr and that sound in itself unfroze me and I turned. A giant Warg looking creature, black as night. She licked my face and I let out a small yip, surprising the wolf. A massive paw nudged me towards the grass and I walked with her, a pale hand in her thick, soft hair.

That was years ago now, Celia as I now called her had begun to nurture me, helping me overcome my grief and her pack, it was small. Had become my family.

I fell over as a lump of black tinted fur hit my chest yelping as I bundled her up "Isha" I scolded and she wormed her way up to my face and with a swift action she nipped my nose and jumped away. I laughed and stood to follow her, only to be stopped by a tall greying wizard. I growled and took a defensive stance.

"I am in need of your services"

Disclaimer: I do not own any Lotr plots related to J.R.R Tolkien nor Peter Jackson, However I do own Elbereth, her pack and Saerilla