Chapter Nineteen - Battle stations

"Where is he?" Thorin growls dismounting before I have a chance to move, Azog Is nowhere to be seen

"Looks empty. I think Azog has fled!" Kili dismounts his goat and the three goats trot off back down to the battle below

"I don't think so...Fili, take your brother. Scout out the towers. Keep low and out of sight. If you see something; report back, do not engage - do you understand?!" Thorin commands

"We have company; Goblin mercenaries. No more than a hundred." Dwalin calls to Thorin and we all turn.

"We'll take care of them. Go! Go!" Thorin commands

I begin to tear down Goblins. However, it was all over quickly, I stood beside Thorin, his head reaching my front haunches, looking out to the frozen river.

"Where is that orc filth?" Dwalin growls

"Thorin..." I whip around to find Bilbo being the one who had spoken

"Bilbo!" Thorin voices my surprise

"You have to leave here! Now! Azog has another army attacking from the north. This watchtower will be completely surrounded. There'll be no way out." Bilbo pants

"We are so close! That orc scum is in there. I say we push on." Dwalin disagrees

"No! That's what he wants. He wants to draw us in." I take a breath as Thorin and I realise something "This is a trap!"

"Find Fili and Kili! Call them back!" Thorin orders and begins to pace

"Thorin, are you sure about this?" Dwalin asks

"Do it. We live to fight another day." Thorin orders

Just as we turn a drumming sound comes from Ravenhill, Azog drags Fili into view, his blonde hair matted with blood. He lifts him up by his neck speaking to Thorin in words I did not understand. Suddenly he impales Fili on the blade sticking from his arm. I yelp and lunge forward balancing precariously on the ledge, I growl and snap my jaws at him.

Azog then drops Fili and his corpse falls from the tower and lands below Kili.

"KILI!" Thorin calls and lurches towards the river

"Thorin!" Dwalin calls "Thorin...No."

I race to the top of the tower, Thorin way behind me. I find Kili jumping onto Bolg, a red-haired She-elf crouched on the ground. I leap in front of the Orc growling, my hackles up and my tail bristling, I crouch though this time not to allow a dwarf onto my back, this time I my rear end was waving back and forth dangerously.

Bolg let out a grunt and dropped Kili moving forward, he grinned showing yellowed teeth. I let out a grating bark and lunged at him grabbing his leg and pulling a lump of flesh off before backing off, I noticed Tauriel pulling Kili out of harm's way, unfortunately so did Bolg and he turned raising his mace and swinging it down

"No!" Tauriel cries and covers Kili with her body, I leap up and chomp my razor-sharp fangs into his arm and it cracks, now hanging at an awkward angle. Bolg lets out a grunt and swings me around from his broken arm.

I land next to Tauriel and Kili, I nudged her catching her eye and nodding. I stand wincing at the pain in my head before lunging for his throat, clamping down I ignored the flailing limbs of the creature below me and shook my head in one swift motion tearing out his throat. I held my stance for a few seconds to make sure he was dead before turning to Tauriel, I must've looked a fright with the black blood around my mouth, I knelt beside Kili, licking the blood from his face.

I looked back up to Tauriel, standing and gestured with my nose that she should get Kili onto my back, after a couple tries she registers what my frantic head whipping means and hoists Kili up onto my back before mounting behind him, I move slowly to begin with to make sure Kili won't fall then I begin to lope down from the tower to the great icy river, I go to move past it but I see a figure collapse near the end of the frozen water fall. I run forward and slid to a stop before I get to Thorin, gently shaking Tauriel and Kili off my back.

Kili groaned. I phased