Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The end of the school day, whether I want it or not, has come.

Pushing through the students in the hallway, I see Andrew standing at his locker. Kyle is leaning on the one next to it.

"What are you doing?" he asks, twisting himself toward me.

"What, I can't stand here?" I snottily reply. "I'm going home with Andrew so I can help him on his homework."

Kyle chokes a laugh, but the only thing escaping his lips is a squeak. "Good luck with that, Andrew. She helped me study once and I never let her help me again. She's so controlling and a freaking smart-alec!"

My chin drops. "No I'm not! My goal is to get you to learn something and not good around like you do."

Kyle rolls his eyes and Andrew says, "I am much more tolerant than you are, Kyle. And besides, Claire's like that all the time."

"Andrew, I freaking swear to God," I say through gritted teeth.

Andrew laughs, shutting his locker loudly. Kyle and I are still staring at each other intensely. Although we're twins and practically have to love each other, there are times of the day when all I want is my fist to make contact with his face. He most likely feels the same toward me, but being a girl, I have an advantage.

"I hate you," I say to Kyle, narrowing my eyes. I've told him that plenty of times in our lives, he should used to it by now.

"Feelings mutual," he answers.

What I've figured out is that Kyle never directly says he hates me back. Normally he says ditto or feelings mutual, but he never actually says he hates me.

"Wow, intense," Andrew says with laughter, patiently waiting.

"Anyway," Kyle says, breaking our eye contact. "Good luck with her as your studying partner."

I about say more to him, mostly curse words, but Andrew pulls me away before I get the opportunity. "Didn't want you to piddle around even more than you have already. The sooner we get this study session over with, the sooner I can watch the new Walking Dead episode from the day before."

I stick to his side when we maneuver through the crowd of students. "You watch the Walking Dead, too?"

He nods, widening his eyes. "Wait, do you watch it?"

"Duh," I answer. "Almost everyone does."

He breathes with excitement. "Oh my God, someone who understands me! So now you hopefully know why we have to cut it short tonight."

"No." He opens the door for me on our way to his car. "I will cut your tutoring session short as soon as you ace a test."

Confused and alarmed, Andrew angrily stares at me. "There's going to be more than one tutoring session? I strictly thought this was a one time thing."

"Nope, I'm not one of the poor susceptible girls you slept with."

Andrew yells at the top of his lungs and slaps his hand on his kneecap. "Oh, good one, Claire bear. Really hurt me."

I know it's both mean and intrusive to joke about his personal issues and obsessions, but he set himself up. His sexual life isn't exactly personal, seeing the whole school knows who he's slept with and when. His life is nowhere near normal.