Epilogue

--

Okay, guys, this is it. The Epilogue...

Once again, don't hate me for how that last chapter ended. Enjoy :)

--

Epilogue

I wasn't planning on waking up at seven-thirty this morning, but my daughters can't seem to keep themselves away from my bed. They claim that my bed is so bouncy that they can't keep from bouncing on it. They can't wait until I'm awake.

"Em, don't push me!" Reese whines.

Emma continues jumping, but I feel Reese relax at the foot of the bed. The spot next to me is empty, and by the way the girls are acting, I knew it would be.

"I'm six today," Emma brags. "I can push you if I want to."

"No you can't! Being six doesn't mean anything!" Reese crawls up by my side and strokes my arm. "I"m telling on you."

"Dad tells us not to tattle on each other." Emma has always been stronger than Reese, but Reese knows what's right from wrong. Both of my girls understand, but Emma is more proud of herself. She gets that attribute from her father. "Wake up Mom. She's been asleep for forever."

It takes many muscles in my body to hold back my smile.

"Dad said we can wake her." Emma adds.

"No," Reese argues and rises from her crouched position. "Daddy said not to wake her up."

"Same thing."

Emma pushes my shoulders back and forth. Reese joins in, but hesitates. "Mommy. Wakey, wakey," Reese murmurs.

I decide to wake up after their pleads. I stare into both their brown eyes, Emma's full of excitement. "Good morning my beautiful girls," I say and kiss their cheeks. Then I face Emma and say, "Happy birthday, Em! You excited for everyone to be here today?"

"Yes!" She yells. "Presents!"

I smile and sit up in bed. "Don't be too greedy, remember?"

"I know," Emma says.

A shadow appears in the hallway and he walks into the room. He takes one look at us and says, "Girls, I thought I told you not to wake her up?"

Reese stands up and points at her sister. "Emma made me do it! She said who cares what you said."

He raises his eyebrows. That nasty smirk means nothing good. "Oh she did?" He jumps off his feet and lands on top of me on the bed. "I guess it's too late now that your mom's awake."

My fingertips stroke his shoulder and I play with his shirt between my fingers. Emma sits on his back and Reese gets stuck hanging on his arms.

"When can I open your guys' present?" Emma begs.

"Let your Mom," he says and peels away Emma's choking fingers from his neck. "Wake up for a bit."

The girls crawl off of him and continue jumping on the bed. He smiles at me and places his lips to mine, just for a few seconds, for a good morning kiss.

"Dad!" Reese yells. "Quit kissing Mommy and put in Beauty and the Beast!"

Andrew crawls off me and grabs Reese's legs. "I can kiss Mommy if I want to."

I stand up from the bed and nearly fall over. I try to convince myself it's because I stood up too fast, but I know that's not it. I know why.

Emma and Reese run down the hallway and Reese has Andrew by the hand, and he's holding mine.