Chapter 1

When you're born as a Bengali, the happiness & excitement is beyond limits for your family. Its like the best thing that's ever happened to them. Starting from your mom's side till your dad's one, it's a festival for an entire year. Bunches of fruits and sweets are distributed among relatives. As a new born baby, it's the first experience of seeing so many people together.

The best thing about it is attention. Every one gives you attention. Somehow it turns out disturbing for the child to bear any more of a huge grin on some huge faces. And they're back again after some short break to give you more versions of their earth lightening smiles.

Another best thing of being a baby would be 'akika'; the festival of naming the child. Though you'll never remember what it was all about, all you can estimate is by looking at your chilhood photographs.

Ah yes, childhood photographs. Another exciting object of your childhood yet one of the most annoying evidence showing how chubby your body was or how frustated your facial expressions were. Most annoying when your dad would take countless pictures of you getting a bath, getting talcum powdered, to be precise; NAKED, making weird faces while bouncing on your baby bum and what not. Real interesting? Not.

Another yet annoying phrase of your childhood is sensitivity of your parents. While you learn to walk or still crawl over from bed to sofa set, you're meant to learn by getting hurt which might always not be so cool. Your parents would wear the most troubled and horrific expression they can ever muster. It's a huge deal in the house and you're never ever getting back to whatever you were learning unless and until your parents cool down.

From the perspective of a sibling, when you welcome your baby brother or sister, no one's happier than you in the entire world. But there's this huge jealousy that's inevitable. Even though your parents would never differentiate between you and your sibling, all attention focusing on your sibling cracks your head and takes your brain out. Eventually you learn to adapt having that little devil in your life.

Even though there are many embarrassing moments of your childhood, it's still one of the best times of your life. You're innocent and unknown to everything happening around you and find happiness in what you're learning and becoming into. The joy cannot be expressed in words.

So that was the first chapter. *phew* hope you guys like it and please leave a vote or comment if you do. All the love xxx