Chapter 5

Have you ever thought about the consequences if you get a bad result? You may know what your parents reaction would be but when it comes to Bengali parents, you might not be so sure what they might say or do.

Suppose, you had your final term and few subjects were not that good. You told your parents about it. Their reaction would be silent treatment or hopes that you'll pass. This look and the glare that says "if you don't pass you'll see" lingers in the air until you get your result.

On result day, you're not that much nervous what you'd get. No, in fact you're scared to shit what your parents might react. Once you get the report card you take a deep breath and avoid your parents and teacher watching you like a hawk. So when you open it there's prolly two scenarios that may take place:

1. You got some big fat C or D in core subjects. Then as you keep chanting "save me from this monsters" your parents snatch the report card from your hand and observe it. They give you the huge disappointing look you've ever seen in their face and soon it turns to anger. So freaking much that they start bitching about you infront of your teacher and your sweet teacher joins them as a sidekick. Reasons such as you being a lazy bum at home and not studying are thrown by your parents on your face followed by your teacher's opinion about your performance in class. Even though your parents knew the exams weren't that good and you passed their ultimatum; you passed! still you wouldn't hear the end of the 'disapproving' result.
If you have this long holiday waiting for you after the results day then bam! You're done for it. Unless and until you satisfy your parents with a satisfactory result next time, there's this taunt of bad result haunting you everywhere.

2. Now if you did a really good result, let's say you became second or third in the class then the joy is evident in your parent's face along with the teacher. The endless flow of your merits and hard work keeps on flowing from your teacher's and parents' mouth. It feels like literally the entire nation is singing your name and your merits. Feels good? Totally because your holiday is secured. Now the embarrassing part, when your mom goes on boasting about your result to every one. Like literally everyone. She HAS to go around the aunties (your friends' moms) and announce with pride how awesome your result is. Okay maybe once or twice it feels good and you let your mom show off your good result but constantly? Hell no. You've to tolerate your mom's over appraisal for the next twenty-four hours or more. Zero chances of escaping.

So that's literally the both sides of a coin. Depends on how good your luck is, you'll have to go through the situation. Thus you really have to prepare yourself for what's to happen and how to embrace it.

Hello! Please lovelies vote or comment if you find it interesting! Honestly it'll make my day! xxx