Chapter 2

Let's say while growing up, we Bengali kids have a very interesting childhood. I mean yeah who doesn't but with the constant changes of pattern and everything, the cycle turns more interesting.

When we are young, like any other children we would annoy our parents for not getting up early in the morning. Now if it's summer, (and mind you the summer is horrible in Bangladesh) your mom will switch off the fan and you'll have no other option to eventually get up. Because you'll be late for your own stubbornness therefore your mother will be screaming her lungs off for being so irresponsible and lazy. Somehow you manage to get a mouthful of breakfast and get ready for school. To make the situation even merrier, you would be facing the common problem of not getting rickshaw (Bangladeshi local transport). The rickshaw pullers would be floating on cloud nine by seeing all these demand from school/college kids and unfortunately you might have to walk to school. If you're fortunate enough, you might have to convince one or more rickshaws by paying them high fare.

School is always the best part. When you grow old, you are bound to miss school days. You've your buddies to have fun with and wannabe bullies to backbite about. You've annoying teachers to target your pranks and favourite teachers to celebrate teacher's day with. You've all those caretakers, sisters and uncles who buy you tiffin (lunch) from canteen or scold you when you're creating a blunder. You have these amazing creative classes that you enjoy with your whole heart's content such as, arts, craft, music, karate etc but you've also got these horrible classes to torture yourself such as, history, geography, maths and ah, the beautiful bangla. Most favourite of which would be a free class which might be due to a teacher's absence or an unavailable teacher. These are the free classes where everyone gets mischievous more or less. You play paper games such as 'chor poolish', 'name, place, country' or 'killer killer', or card games such as, ludo or uno, or simply running around screaming in the class almost biting everyone's head off.

Problem would be if the pissed off coordinater finds you doing all these and drags you out of the class by your ears. Standing outside the entire class or writing five hundred times 'I won't make any noise in class again' would be the typical punishments in Bengali schools.

After having a 'great time' in school, when you come home you're mostly exhausted and hungry. Exhausted because school is always tiring and takes away most of your energy if you happen to have PT classes, especially. Hungry because well, after sharing and stealing tiffins with friends and having the common snacks after school such as 'murir bhorta' or 'aamer bhorta' you still need an entire meal to fulfil yourself. So as soon as you're home, you take this immediate bath to wash yourself from all germs, dust and sweat. Then, like a king/queen you would sit in the dining table demanding food. When you'll have the entire typical Bengali meal that is, bhaat, daal, maach and bhorta (rice, curry, fish and everything) cleared from your plate, your soul will find peace again.

Once the lunch hour is done, you'll get ready for your afternoon schedules.

Hope ya all like this one as well. If you do, don't forget to vote or comment! xxx
Btw, 'chor polish' is a paper game in Bangladesh where there's this police who has to identify a thief or a burglar in every turn. & 'murir bhorta', 'aamer bhorta' are real awesome Bengali spicy snacks.
Okay I'm hungry. Bye.