Chapter 4

School holidays are the best. Especially when there's summer vacation or closure for any festival. The last day of school would create a crazy environment and get everyone pumped up by free classes from teachers. Yes, in Bangladesh kids are blessed with free classes once in a while. The last day is celebrated in a way as if you're leaving school forever. Every class will scream, every class will beg teachers for free class and every class will start throwing glitters and water balloons on each other to celebrate. Even though it might be fun, it's more of a mess.

Your parents can't say anything as the holiday is official and so you'll be awarded with some free time, away from studying. The best part is when your cousins or relatives come over.

It'll be nice if you actually have 'nice' relatives visit your home but if those obese, nosy, double-meaning aunties and uncles make an appearance, your holidays aren't going to last anymore.

Other than that, cousins are the best part but not the ones who intentionally destroy your stuffs or hit you unnecessarily. You can't even complain about them to your family because that would label you as an overreacting idiot as you can't stand other people in your house for even an hour. But when it comes to the cousins that stay over for playing late night games, gossip or mostly bitch about someone you mutually hate and watch endless movies with you until you're tired to your bones, holidays become worth spending.

These cousins even make the time outside home blissful. You go to cinemas, restaurants or for simply playing in the fields and all these adds up to a perfect day spent. A perfect day also occurs when not only cousins but also other family members join together to go for a picnic in some resort or a natural environment. Visiting other relatives' home with everyone just adds to the perfect family timing. As they say, the more the merrier.

Please please please vote or comment! Any feedback is appreciated. xxx

Bengali Doofus जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें