#3: Arriving at Bridgeton

As I stepped out of my father's shiny black Camaro, the door slammed behind me, cutting my mother off mid-sentence.

"Goodbye, hon--" SLAM!

Then they drove off at the speed of light, making a screeching noise as the tires scraped across the pavement. I cringed and turned around to gaze in awe at the giant school that I was going to be attending.

It was ginormous! At least three stories high, from what I could count, and stretched way across campus on either side. It had so many windows and the door was beautiful carved into vines and flowers and such, and I felt like I was attending Hogwarts.

I gulped and slowly walked up to the door. I felt as if I should knock, but as I raised my hand, the door unexpectedly opened and I was greeted by a widely-smiling blond lady with bulging cheekbones and wide blue eyes. She looked so plastic. 

"Well hello there!" She said, extending a hand, "I'm Kelly Bradshaw! I'm the vice principal here and I'll be giving you a tour of Bridgeton High!" I didn't say anything (surprisingly, right?) and just stared at her hand. After a few seconds, I reached out  a hand and quickly shook hers, then withdrew my hand. 

"It's okay," She explained, "I already know your name." She glanced down at the clipboard she was holding in her hand. "Luna Carwinkle." She looked up and smiled. "Your parents also wrote down that you don't speak much." She said understandingly. "It's okay. We don't require you to speak. Just to participate in work. Come, follow me." She gestured as she spoke, and began walking, leading me through the halls of Bridgeton High Boarding School.

Soon, I felt like I was dreaming. The school was so big! It was almost impossible to tour the entire building in one day.

After what seemed like days of touring the building, Kelly directed me to the Dorm Hall. She smiled broadly as she gestured toward room "8D". 

"This will be your dorm room!" She said, over-excitedly. I stared at the undeniably hilarious number... 8D... all it needed was an equal-sign in the middle... I smirked. She squealed. "You are just going to love your dorm-mate! She's so nice!" I rolled my eyes slightly and tried not to slap her.

She smiled hugely again, and handed me a plastic key-card. "This will unlock your door." She said, more calm this time, gesturing toward the metal slot above the doorknob. It looked like a thicker credit card scanner. I examined the key-card for a moment. It even had my information on it...

How strange, I thought. 

 Luna Carwinkle

Age 17

DOB: 4/1/95

DORM 8D

4195123

I shrugged at the card, nodded at her, grimaced, and slid the key-card into the slot. The machine chirped and a light flashed green. Kelly giggled and followed me into the room.

The walls were painted a light, sunny shade of yellow. Two beds sat on opposite sides of the room. The bed on the right had a plain, yellow and white comforter, with a giant white pillow stretched across the headboard. Beside it was a white nightstand with a yellow and white lamp. Yellow and white were the school colors. The other had a light pink comforter with a pink pillow, and beside it was a pink nightstand with a bright pink lamp. At the foot of the pink bed was a giant pink vanity, with a giant mirror and tons of drawers. Across the desk of the vanity were every kind of makeup -- eyeliner, lipstick, eyeshadow, blush, foundation, et cetera.

Wow. I was going to be living with a "princess". This was going to be real fun... I could feel myself getting more and more depressed. I wanted to get away from my parents, but not to a bunch of other people just like my parents! I wondered when we would eat, because I was in need of eating a meatball-Kelly. I smirked at myself.

Suddenly, the dorm room door chirped and opened, and in walked a skinny blond girl with giant boobs, a pink and white v-neck shirt, and a pink mini-skirt. She smiled broadly, reminding me of Kelly, and hugged Kelly. She then turned to me and glared silently. She lifted a hand and pointed a finger at me, looking to Kelly.

"Who's this?" She demanded. Her voice sounded like a chipmunk on helium, and I had to refrain myself from snorting.

"Oh! Miranda," She said. "This is your new dorm-mate, Luna." She grinned and looked from Miranda to me. Finally, after about 30 seconds of Miranda glaring at me, Kelly said she had some errands to go run and left me alone. With Miranda.

As the door closed behind Kelly, Miranda continued to glare at me. I wanted to scream at her. She smirked snottily.

"Rule number one," She said in her high-pitched voice, "Touch my man, Michael Saldana, and..." She leaned forward to whisper into my ear. "I will cut you." She leaned back, smiled innocently, then walked out of the dorm room, strutting in her little pink miniskirt, that barely covered her underwear. I then began to wonder about how strict the dress code really is -- no nipples? I grinned at myself and sat down on my yellow bed, setting my suitcase down in front of me. I gasped and jumped up -- someone knocked on the door. I almost laughed out loud, which is something new to me.

I got up and opened the door.