#13: Giving In

"So what did he say?" James asked me curiously as we sat on my bed crosslegged, eating chocolate-covered-raisins. They were my favorite snack. 

James had heard from Lucas that Michael and I had bumped into each other, creating a strange, tension-filled air in the situation. I should've known that Lucas would tell anything to James.

I stared at my raisin, examining it closely, then popping it into my mouth and shrugging as if it were no big deal. James sighed in frustration, searched in his bag for a moment, then handed me a pen and paper. I handed them back and shook my head. It was that big of a deal, just my head colliding with his stomach and then awkward greetings and goodbyes.

"You have to tell me! Did he say anything about Miranda?" I looked up sharply. Miranda? What about her? James read the questionable look on my face and looked shocked, as if I should know.

"It's rumored that they broke up. They haven't talked since the dance." He said matter-of-factly, a proud look on his face. He got so cocky over everything.

Now's your moment girl! Go to Michael!

What? Are you crazy? I'm with Roy! Plus, you can't just be all quiet and obedient, then spring up on me like that out of no where.

Don't be an idiot. Go to him. Get him before James does.

Very funny.

What about that dream? Did it mean nothing?

I hadn't thought about the dream since that morning.

As I was internally arguing with myself, James was snapping his fingers in front of my face, trying to bring me back to reality. I gasped and jerked out of the trance I had been in, smirking when James was looking at me as if I had gone crazy.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I shook my head. I clearly wasn't. I was way too bothered by everything. I had emotions I had chosen to keep locked away without letting them out and expressing them. For once, my conscience was right. I knew what I had to do. I had to see Michael.

I tossed James the box of raisins, jumping up and unlocking the door, hearing it beep and seeing the green light. These things didn't unlock fast enough.

James sat on my bed, watching me curiously. As I opened the door and took one last glance at him, I could tell he understood what I was doing.

I hurried down the hallway, barefoot, in my pajamas, pushing past everybody in the hallway. People stopped and stared at me as I turned the corner. I must have looked crazy. But I didn't care. All that was running through my head was Michael Michael Michael Michael Michael.

As I neared the door and slowed my pace, panting heavily, people were whispering to each other in curiosity. I looked around at everyone in the hallway as I knocked on the door. They didn't seem to want to miss out on what the crazy girl was doing at Michael Saldana's dorm room door.

You know you're giving into me, right?

If that's what this is, then yes. I need to do this.

Good girl. Go get him.

The door clicked and opened with a slight creak, as Michael stood in the doorway, his eyes wide at the sight of me again, and then glancing around at our audience.

"Luna..." He said slowly. "Wha--"

I grabbed his face in my hands, pulling him closer to me, kissing him passionately. The audience roared as they cheered with amazement. Startled, Michael stumbled back a few steps, as our bodies collided. He wrapped his muscular arms around my waist tightly, warming my body as I pushed him backward, kicking the door shut behind me, muffling the sound of the cheering.

As I tackled him onto the bed, still in his arms, Michael pushed me off out of his embrace, leaving me sitting up on his stomach. Michael seemed stunned at what had just happened, breathing heavily after the sudden kiss.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, looking up at me."You're with Roy." I knew he still wanted me. He was reluctant to admit it, but he did. 

I shook my head. It didn't matter. All I wanted was Michael. His eyes, his sexy yet idiotic smirk, his muscular arms, his warm grasp on my waist that he seemed to love to hold.

Michael's eyes fluttered as he struggled to understand everything. I remembered when I had first come to Bridgeton. He walked right up to me during the fire drill, grabbed my waist, and said all the right words with all the right confidence. Of course, I had punched him, but that was just a reflex. I even remembered what he'd said to me that'd made my heart flutter a bit: They told me you don't talk. It's okay, I can do all the talking.

I remembered when I had first walked into class, and had to sit next to Michael. He passed me a love note saying I think you're beautiful.

I remembered when he sent a text to Miranda stating that he wasn't going to the dance with her; he was going with me.

All of the romantic things that had ever happened had come together to form my sudden realization of us. We were meant to be together. We would be together.

Michael smirked crookedly, slanting to his left ear, causing the butterflies in my stomach to flutter madly.

"You know, I never knew you were so assertive," He said, running his fingertip slowly down the bridge of my nose, goosebumps popping up on my skin everywhere.

Suddenly, I was falling for him all over again. He was giving into me.

I leaned down slowly, tucking my hair behind my ears and brushing my lips gently against his. They moved with each other, as he wrapped his arms around me and rolled over, putting himself on top. I sighed as I melted into his warmth and kiss. He made a slight noise in his throat, as he slid his jacket off to reveal his white t-shirt.

I ran my hands over his biceps, feeling the firmness of his muscles. My breathing staggered as he began to lift his shirt up and over his head, tossing it to the ground. I let out a nervous breath, running my hands over his abs, across his chest, and onto his broad shoulders.

"You look so adorable in those pajamas." Michael whispered softly, the sound of his voice making me swoon. 

And with that, he tackled me into his embrace, kissing me passionately as we slid under the covers.