The Ashes

Clary jolted awake to the sound of screaming. She always did for that matter but this time it was different. It sounded like a child's scream mixed with joy and surprise and the tiniest hint of excitement. Surprises were rarely planned at the Morgestern household. She slipped off her silk nightgown after crawling out of her sky blue bedspreads, which were also for a record, made out of the finest silk in Alicante.

She rushed through her shower and beautification for she was wondering about the joyful shout. Slipping on her green jumper and a pair of jeans she flung her door open and dashed down the ivory stairs, forgetting to shut her door.

She practically flew into the dining room, her red hair flying around her face, getting into tangles and knots a squeal of surprise left her lips and she flew herself to the person she loved most in the entire world or even universe.

Jocelyn opened her arms and embraced her daughter, laughing with joy and holding onto her tightly as if she'd drop her or lose her forever.  Valentine stood at the doorway beaming at the mother and daughter's reunion. His son Jonathan who preferred to go by Sebastian was standing beside him.

Valentine looked down at his son and a confused look crossed his face. Jonathan was looking at Clarissa with an unreadable expression on his face. It almost seemed hungry or desperate, he couldn't be sure. Jonathan eventually noticed his father's unusual gaze and looked at him with that charming smile that he thought him to do.

"Is everything alright father?" His voice was a bit on the edge as if he'd been caught, but if he was nervous or trembling he wouldn't show it. He never would, he made sure of that.

"Absolutely Jonathan" Valentine adverted his gaze to the mother and daughter who were now chatting with each other.

"Mom I've missed you ever so much, you can't believe it! I've gotten better at my art and, I just missed you ever so much and-" Jocelyn put a finger to her daughter's lips."

"Clary as much as I'd like to know everything I still have to see your brothers. See you at the main sitting room at lunchtime?" She waited for Clary's reaction.

"Of course Mom I just can't wait." Clary noticed Sebastian and her father standing at the doorway. Sebastian looked far off, as if he was thinking about someone. He noticed her gaze and smiled at her, she ran up and into his outstretched arms as well.

Jocelyn and Valentine were talking in hushed tones, looking quite serious but Clary didn't notice. Sebastian did. He looked at the little redhead that was embracing him and sighed inwardly. If only she knew that this simple gesture meant more then just a simple hug to one of them. He let her go and put on his dazzling smile.

Holding his hand like a gentleman from the 1800's he said, "If you allow me, beautiful maiden I would like to court you to Master Jonathan." She giggled and put her small and fragile artist fingers on his thin pale ones. "Yes you may Sir Sebastian." So hand in hand they went down the corridor to see Jace.

Jace flung his Seraph blade to one of the training dummies and it struck it right in the heart. His strength and stamina runes were fading, he knew he would be by himself any moment now and that might be the signal for a short break. He didn't stop until he slit the throat of a dozen more training mannequins and kicking and punching the sandbag.

He was sweaty and his runes had faded and he was dead exhausted. But that wasn't the thing that made him end his training. To be honest it was a who not a thing. Clary knocked the mahogany door and let Sebastian push it open for her. The siblings entered Jace's training room. The room smelt like sweat, metal and of leather. Jace stood in the middle of the room chugging water down his bottle.

He set the bottle down and smiled at his siblings. "To what do I owe this wonderful company?" He pulled on a shirt from the pressing bench and approached Clary with a lazy stroll. When he was close enough he placed his big and strong arms around her as if he was hugging a small teddy bear. Clary squealed and tried to push him off but he was way stronger then her. An idea crossed her mind but she pushed it away, not wanting to hurt her brother. So simply she stood in his embrace squished and feeling tiny.

He moved onto Sebastian and they did embraced in a manlier way. "Why can't you hug me like that?" Clary said cocking her head to a side.

"Because gingerbread it's much more fun to squish you and pat your little head like an infant. I can't do any of these to this old man." He gestured Sebastian with his long pianist fingers. Sebastian snickered and Clary snorted. Jace tried to pat her head but she swatted it away. The boys broke out into peals of laughter and their sister joined in after she was done sulking.

(i love this fluff above)

A loud crash was heard from the dining hall and they all froze. Grabbing their weapons they slowly ascended to the hall with newly marked runes of protection, strength and courage in combat.

I love cliffhangers as much as Dominic loves this lil heart❤️

See you in the next update💃

Lady Karma💄