Chapter 27*

(( ANDY'S POV ))

"Daddy." A most angelic voice called out to me, slowly pulling me from my sleeping state. Of course it had to be the voice of my baby girl, who else could it have been?

"Daaaddy." She sang to me, the word pleasantly as ever echoing through my mind. "Daddy, wake up." I am, baby, just give my brain a second to boot itself. "Daddy, please?"

A small grin tugged at the corner of my mouth. And just as I was about to open my eyes, she jumped on me. She bounced on my stomach, causing me to awaken almost instantly, mostly out of shock.

I took a sharp intake of breath to let my body get used to the weight that was now on top of me. Not that Kolleen was heavy; she barely weighed anything, but I just simply wasn't expecting it. "Since when do you wake up before me?" I questioned, frowning as I stared up at my baby girl.

There she simply sat on top of me, one leg on either side, dressed in some flower patterned underwear and one of my shirts that barely managed to hug her small form. Her rich auburn hair was a messy bun on the top of her head, and the smile on her face— it was breathtaking.

She pursed her bottom lip into a pout. "Since you've been in your office late every night this past week, Daddy, doing adult business stuff." She pointed out to me. And she wasn't entirely wrong.

"Well, today I will be doing none of that. I promise." I assured her.

She tilted her head just slightly, causing her bun to flop to the other side of her head. It was adorable. "Why not, Daddy?" She honestly wanted to know.

I chuckled at that. "Because it's your birthday, baby. Now get down here and give Daddy a good morning kiss."

Her precious smile widened as she leaned down, letting me take her beautiful freckled face into the palms of my hands. Her soft hands rested on my chest as her lips then crashed onto mine. I immediately kissed her back, causing a soft moan to escape through her lips. I just adored the way she reacted to me. It was perfect.

After about a minute, perhaps two, I slowly ended the kiss. With my baby's face all flustered, she stared down at me, her eyes full of want. "Happy birthday, baby." I whispered, softly pecking her lips again. "Now how about you go downstairs, and I'll go get you your present, alright?" I finally suggested, placing my hands at her thin hips.

She bit her lip, tilting her head again as she sat up. "Alright, Daddy. I'll wait downstairs." She simply said, complying without complaint before she climbed off me and left the room.

I groaned, rolling over onto my side. My eyes met the alarm clock on my bedside table, and I was honestly surprised. It was nearly eleven. . . I never slept in that much.

Once out of bed, I slipped into a pair of black jeans, a button up shirt, slicked my hair back, and then grabbed the envelope that I had safely kept in my bedside drawer. I had been so clueless as to what to give Kolleen for her birthday, that I was hoping that this would do.

And just as I was about to leave the bedroom, I heard her screaming. I couldn't quite place the nature of the sound, but it immediately caused me to bolt down the stairs with worry in my heart.

But when I arrived at the bottom, I soon found out that there was nothing that I needed to worry about at all. I sighed, tightening my jaw as I fought to hide my smile. Kolleen had found the six-foot teddy bear I had bought her, too. She was hugging it for dear life, squealing with excitement as she wiggled from one foot onto the other, over and over. It was adorable.

I decided to quietly sit down on the couch and watched her for a moment.

Watching her was one of the things I very much enjoyed doing. She was such a fascinating person. To others perhaps not, but to me, everything she did was interesting.