Chapter 4

Peter lay on his bed, exhausted. So... that happened, he thought. I can't believe I just ran away from that guy. But if I hadn't... He didn't even want to think what might have happened.

The cut on his arm still stung. I need to do something about that. He got up and headed for the bathroom. He grabbed a wad of tissues and pressed it against his arm. Once he was sure there wasn't any more blood coming through the gash, he placed the biggest bandage he could find onto it. That'll have to do for now. Not wanting Aunt May to see the bloody tissues, he wrapped them up in several more tissues and carried the bundle into his room. Then he carefully arranged some trash on top of it in his trash can. That's done. Finally, Peter flopped back onto his bed, immediately falling asleep.

The next day, Peter made sure that he got up early. It was the weekend, so Aunt May usually slept in. Thank goodness for that. He crept silently back to the bathroom and checked on his arm. It's not so bad anymore, he observed. I need to be more careful next time though, he thought, even though Peter wasn't sure if he even wanted a next time.

After he had checked his wound, Peter went back to his room. He got his suit out from the space in the ceiling and examined it. There was a tear in the fabric on the right arm where the knife had struck him. I'll have to fix that later, he thought. I'm starving. He went out to the kitchen and grabbed some pancakes left over from the previous night, starting to eat as he switched on the television.

"You're up earlier than usual, Peter." May's voice came from behind him.

Peter twisted around on the couch to face her. "I was hungrier than usual."

She sat down, helping herself to some pancakes as well. "If you get crumbs on my couch, Peter Parker, you're going to have to clean it yourself."

"Okay sure, whatever you say," Peter answered her, not really paying attention.

May glanced at him curiously. "Don't you have homework from yesterday?" she asked innocently.

Peter rocketed off the couch and ran to his room, pancakes in tow. "I forgot about that!" he called over his shoulder.

May just laughed.

                    ---

Peter reached over and grabbed his fourth pancake as he finished up the math homework he had been assigned to other day. Well, seeing as that's done now... he set aside his pencil and dug a needle and some red thread out of his desk drawer, both specifically designed for repairing his suit. Taking said suit out, he started mending. It didn't take him long to fix the cut. I'm so glad I know how to do that.

Suddenly, his cell phone rang, startling him. Peter looked at the caller ID, quickly answering it when he saw Dakota's name. As he put the phone up to his ear, he quickly shoved his newly repaired suit back into the attic space.

"Peter! Are you there?" Dakota's voice echoed from the phone.

"Yeah I'm here. What's up?"

"You're not gong to believe this, but there was another attack last night!"

Peter feigned surprise, feeling a sense of dread wash over him as he asked, "Really? Where?"

"Uh, I think it was just some old abandoned warehouse on North Road," Dakota answered.

I knew it. Peter forced himself to sound worried. "What happened?"

"Some guy's body was found, I don't know his name, and the whole inside was completely wrecked, like somebody had a fight. But the weirdest thing was that there were synthetic webs found at the scene!"