Chapter Four

What a day! I really hope Brett is gay, or at least bisexual. But most importantly, I really hope I get this job. Just so I can sit and stare at him all day. I sigh and fall into my bed, pull the covers over me, and pet Milo. He purrs. "I think I've fallen for someone, Milo." I say. A tear rolls down my face. Why the fuck am I crying? What if he's not even gay. Quit the overthinking, it's not going to get you anywhere. I roll over and stare out the window. The moonlight soothes me and puts me to sleep in an instant.

+++

"You're so handsome," I say to the shadow figure in front of me. The figure turns and it is Brett. He gets on one knee. "Justin Clark. Be with me for the rest of my life?" He says looking up at me. "Of coarse!" I yell. Everything goes dark and my alarm goes off. "Shit, Come on now!" I yell at it. I quickly shut it off. That was such an amazing dream. Very ridiculous too, I barely know the man. What if he's not even fruity? Just shut up and move on with life! I think I'm just going to stay in and wait for the damn call, from Mr. Handsome, of coarse. Just stop it, Justin. What am I going to do today? Probably watch my favorite show on Netflix. I get up and check my phone. Nope, no missed calls. I make my way to the kitchen and make myself some tea. Milo of coarse hisses at me. "Oh shut up for once!"

+++

I am sitting on the couch with Milo, just wasting our time, and eating up all the food in the fridge, not all of it. I've been the perfect example of a couch potato all day and still no call, Just from my best friend Tasha. We have been best friends since the third grade. Maybe someone better fell into Brett Hayes office, I sigh. I give up! I lay down on the couch and continue watching the show. After ten minutes, I hear my phone go off. I get up so fast and violently, I end up knocking Milo over. No wonder he doesn't like me.