Chapter Twenty

It is two o'clock and the cake is ready. I eat up the remaining cake batter and make my way to my phone. No messages, no calls. Absolutely nothing. I want Brett to come home. That man from earlier freaked me the fuck out. What if he knows where I live? Just calm down, Justin! What if he's just a drug addict or he's probably nuts. My phone starts ringing and I immediately answer. "Hey, I just called to tell you that I'm on my way home. You ready?" Brett says. "Yeah, I actually made a cake for the barbecue." I say making my way to the sink. I put the phone on speaker and wash the dishes. "Alright. I'll be right there." He says. "I was being stalked," I say with horror in my voice. For crying out loud, I am overreacting. "What?" He says and I think he's about to hang up, but there is silence. "Yes, some man was watching me from his window not far from you," I say. "Describe him." Brett says. "He has black hair, my height, dresses like you, and he is in need of some sleep," I giggle. This isn't the right time to be giggling. "Shit, I am parking now. I'll be up there in a bit." He says and hangs up. I am having a strange day! I just don't understand.

Falling for Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें