Chapter One

Meeting him was the best thing that has ever happened to me. But I had to let him go.

I did not know to this day where everything comes crushing down, my whole life is a mess, my one and only best friend betrays me and the only guy who I accidentally fall in love with stops talking to me and break my rules that I was not supposed to break.

And it all started with a prank.

APRIL

I'm late for college, I have never been late before but I guess this is the first. I manage to shower, put my makeup on, slip on some old clothes that I think are still fresh and drive fast to college. I was sick for a few days and today is the worst, my nose is super red and I feel like a mess. So I decide to wear a hat.

Once I reach the front entrance, just a few steps until I reach my class. Passing by to some of my friends as I wave hello on the way, stopping just outside my class, there's only 3 classmates of mine--- hold on, there's one guy I do not know but I do. He's a friend of my so called best friend.

I enter normally and put my bag at my usual chair, when I take a quick look at him, he has a cast on his hand. Did he break his arm?

At the same time, I come to a realization that where is everybody? I thought I was late.

"Hey Youngjae, where is everybody?" I ask.

"Oh hey Lee Jungjoo, umm I have no idea. Mr. Kim is not here yet and I guess class is canceled?" he does not sound sure and shrugs.

"Okay," I nod and walk to my seat.

I automatically look at the guy and he look back at me, I smile and he smile back but with a question look on his face.

"Aren't you Sera's best friend?" he asks.

"Uh, yeah I am." I hesitate to answer.

"Oh, cause no wonder you look familiar," he laughs and so do I.

I had to walk out of there, it's super awkward and I go to the bathroom instead. I wish class gets canceled today so I can go out and eat at my favorite restaurant.

A few minutes later, I come back to class and then see that everyone is there. Man, I thought it was canceled.

"Hey Jungjoo, sorry we're late. Someone here had to check out a guy before entering class," one of my good friends, Yejin says.

"Hey guys, well it's very typical of Jiwon." I laugh and playfully tease Jiwon of her crush.

When class is over, I can't wait to go back to my dorm and then watch TV or buy some food on the way to restore my food supplies.

There's nothing to do actually other than attending classes and do whatever I like next.

In a supermarket near my place, I can't decide on whether buying a pack of instant noodles or a stack of instant noodle cups. Pursing my lips, I suddenly think about Kim Taehyung.

The guy who was in class with a cast on his arm not long ago.

***

The first time I met Kim Taehyung was in the late of 2014. My so called best friend Sera bought ticket movies for the movie I wanted to watch, You're Not You and Taehyung was the one who drove a bunch of us to the cinema.

"Are you kidding me? You're Not You is boring, let's watch Behaving Badly." Sera was laughing at my decision. I know it was the type of movie she doesn't watch, she liked watching what everyone watch.

"Don't worry, we all can watch separately. You know I really want to watch this movie," I said. "Plus, when we finish, we all can go home together anyway."

"Alright up to you, come on Taehyung let's watch Behaving Badly." She pulled Taehyung with her but he backed out.

"I'll watch with Jungjoo," he looked at me. "I've waited for the movie too anyway."

"Okay, up to you." Sera continued buying the tickets for her and some of her friends.

At the counter, I purchased two tickets for the movie and I looked at Taehyung. He was busy looking at the screen on the wall.

"Are you sure you want to watch this? Didn't you want to watch with them?" I asked, bravely.

"Yeah," he nodded. "I want to watch this. Who cares about that other movie, I can watch it any time."

By the time when the movie was over, I cried so much in between until my makeup smeared but I didn't care. It was time to go home but I decided to not follow Sera, Taehyung and the others and I want to spend time for myself a little more in the mall.

"What? Are you sure you don't want to ride with us?" Sera asked in surprised.

"Yeah, don't worry Sera. I can be fine on my own and Taehyung is the only one driving anyway." I signaled them to go. Taehyung didn't even talk the entire time, even when the movie was being played.

That everyone -- was the first time I met Taehyung.

To Be Continued

-JSJ