Chapter Nine

MAY

"Hurry, oh hurry!" Hyorin is running for her life. I have never seen her so eager before. "Hurry before we miss our flight!"

"Hyorin chill, the flight is at 11.30AM and it's just 10AM." I pull her luggage beside me, we are already standing in line to enter the departure area.

"I know-- it's just that... I've always wanted to go escape the world with you," she says, frowning.

"Why are you sad? You are doing it now with me," I playfully slap her arm. "Cheer up, we will be in that island in no time and once we arrive, we will have fun."

"This is what you call fun?" Hyorin examines a house we are going to live in for two weeks.

"Thanks Mrs. Yoo, we will take care of the house, don't worry," I slightly bow and give Mrs. Yoo the money of renting the house.

"Anytime Jungjoo, I am glad you're here again. The kids miss you, come by at our restaurant anytime and I will be gladly to cook specially for you," she says. "And this time, Hyorin will be diving."

"What? Mrs. Yoo, you can't do that! I overslept and that was one time!" she cries from afar.

"I don't care, dive or no food," Mrs. Yoo pats my back and walks out of the house.

I sigh deeply and lay on the couch, boy do I feel so tired.

"Hey!" she snaps her fingers repeatedly at me. "Do not feel relax yet, we are here to remove a certain memory!"

"Hey," I mock her by snapping my fingers too. "Relaxation is another key to it alright?"

"No, Jungjoo, you and I..."

"Can you stop it already!" I shout. "Yes I do want to forget everything and yes I want to escape and can you please cut me some slack!"

In a minute, I regret saying it.

"Who the fuck are you?" she scoffs.

"I'm sorry Hyorin I just..."

"Shut it, I don't care. You're just mad and that's the reason why I brought us here in the first place," she sits next to me. "Lee Jungjoo, you will escape and you will forget. Well realistically you won't really forget but you won't feel it anymore."

"Thanks," I do not want to start tearing up. "You're truly amazing."

"Ew, stop with the mushy stuff," she pushes me away. "Now let's start to have fun shall we?" she gives a twirl and walks inside the bedroom to change clothes.

"This couldn't be more fun," says Hyorin with a straight face.

She's by the ocean swimming with the female divers, well learning at the same time and Hyorin's trying her best to get food to eat later on.

"Ugh, why isn't Jungjoo doing this too?" she points at me laying down comfortably on a bench with my shades on.

"Cause she's done it before and a lot better than you," says one of the divers.

"Then why don't she dive?" Hyorin points at me. She looks cute from afar.

"I will," I shout. "Tomorrow hopefully," I say biting my nails.

An hour later, in one of the female diver's seafood restaurant, Mrs. Park gives us permission to cook in her kitchen.

When finish cooking our food, we sit at the corner of the restaurant and enjoy the rest of our day.