Contest entry

This is a contest entry for ArtemistheNightwing 's contest. I'm doing a drawing and story for egg 8. Hopefully it is fine.
I messed up in this drawing so bad XD
I forgot to do the forest background as well XD
I'm so awful I remembering what to put in a drawing XD
Sorry Arty that it looks bad

I messed up in this drawing so bad XDI forgot to do the forest background as well XDI'm so awful I remembering what to put in a drawing XDSorry Arty that it looks bad

Story part

       Grouper gave another roar of frustration as his wings once again got caught in the vines hanging from the trees and his talons got stuck in a puddle of mud and another bug flew into his ears to take refuge from the animals out to eat it. I don't know why Splash would want to come here Grouper thought. From what Moonsplash had told him though, the rainforest would be a better place to grow up than where she did. He automatically felt guilty that he insulted his friend, she has been through too much to be insulted anymore than she has been.
       He glanced up at the shining moons overhead and winced as they were very bright than they normally were, which was odd in his opinion. He trampled through the mud and grubs with his webbed talons. The trees overhead making the floor dappled with moonlight and causing odd shaped shadows. The caw of birds echoing through the humid forest and the humming of beetles could be heard from every direction he turned. Vines were blocking his view so he had to turn in a different only to grumble because a spider web wrapped around his snout.
       Grouper stumbled across a stream and immediately sighed in relief that he found it. As he went to jump in the river to find the secret passageway a glint of silver in the corner of his eye. He whipped his head to where the shine had come from. As he stalked towards a huge tree with no leaves and just moss and vines covering its branches, he felt a wave of some sort of magic reach him and wrap around his body. Most dragons would have just thought it was themselves imagining feeling something, but Grouper knew magic very well, for he was an animus.
       As he reached the gnarled roots he gripped a root so that he wouldn't fall beneath the tree. He peered down and saw a dark blue egg, with an odd pattern of some snow and an odd diamond shape. He felt himself reaching toward it without himself knowing and touched a talon to the beautiful egg. When he touched it he felt a wave of magic emanate from it, and it shocked him all the to his bones. He gave a small yelp and leaped back, spines bristling and glowing stripes flashing repeatedly out of shock.
       He felt a sad longing when he thought about flying away and never returning. He felt somewhat attached already, as if it was his own egg. He always has talked to his mate about not having eggs because he didn't want to pass on the animus gene that was a curse in his eyes. Savanna apparently never wanted to have eggs either, because she didn't want to pass her mixed genes on as well. Grouper always thought that he would never have eggs, but he felt as if this egg was his.
       He was confused, he didn't have any relations to this egg at all, but felt a protective feeling when he thought about it.  Besides he thought if  it hatches, it can't survive well on its own. It's only right to take it and raise it. As he padded closer to the egg once again, he hesitantly reached out and touched it. He flinched expecting to feel a shock, but nothing happened. When he placed his second talon on it and nothing happened he wrapped his talons father around it and hauled it out from underneath the hollow in the tree.
       He sat back and held the egg to his chest. He stared at the egg with a small grin on his face. He knew that he didn't want eggs with his genes, but he knew that he wanted an egg at some point, and this seemed as his opportunity. He glanced around to see if anyone had left the egg and was looking for it, but found no dragon stalking in the trees.
       Grouper knew that Savanna would adore it just as much as he did, she has always wanted to be a mother, but was afraid to give her genes just like Grouper, another reason as to why they are mates.
       As Grouper waded into the stream, he held the egg close with a talon and swam along the small current that flew pass him. He kept going until he stopped where a tall stone stood in the middle of the water. He swam slightly to the right and stuck a single claw into a small crack in the rough stone and hit a small notch that opened the passageway. He stuck his head out of the water to make sure no one was watching him, and he made sure he had the egg and dove into the passage, the stone door closing behind him.
       With the egg close to his chest he swam to the cavern hoping that Savanna will have that glint in her eye when she becomes happy. I love that about her was his last thought before he burst out if the water and landed in the cavern.

XD I'm such an awful writer too XD