Into The Spotlight

AUTHOR: cheryl-is-not-here

Gabriel Jack Donnahue loves attention. Mostly known as Jack, he's one of the most famous actors in Hollywood. Everyone knows him, people adore him and they can't get enough of him. Well, everyone except for Emma Heywood.

Emma Heywood likes her privacy. She loves staying out of the spotlight and prefers working in the museum where she gets her peace and quiet with her artefacts. In fact she would rather have a date with her artefacts than go for one with Jack.

Emma doesn't hate him. She just has zero interest in Jack. And well, Jack is intrigued. An unlikely friendship forms and romance blossoms. As a result, Emma is thrown into the spotlight.

But unknown to everyone, Emma used to be Hollywood royalty...

***

"Would you want my autograph?"

She blinked and frowned. "Why would I want it?" She questioned and I frowned at her easy dismissal of me.

"You don't want it?" I questioned disbelievingly. Emma turned around, sighed and looked at me with a small frown. "Yes, I don't. Please excuse me, I have work to do.

"She continued walking on and I quickly raced after her. Did she not like me? Had I offended her? "I hardly give out autographs you know."

Emma entered her office. "You shouldn't be here and I meant it, I don't want your autograph and I would like for you to leave." She said firmly as she gestured for me to go.

I opened my mouth and protested. "Did I offend you? Or make you uncomfortable?" I probably sounded pretty desperate but I didn't care. "Look, Jack right? I have nothing against you. I just don't want anything to do with celebrities or Hollywood life. And I have loads of work to do.

"I nodded and backed away. "Of course. I'm sorry to have kept you away from your work. It was very nice meeting you Emma." I gave a smile before leaving.

This wasn't the last time she was going to see me, I thought with a grin on my face.