New Beginnings

Jeremy’s house was big. Ok fine that’s a lie, big was quite the understatement. Jeremy’s house was huge, it was like a mansion but with massive windows and the walls with a wood effect. The house was located on its own land, with no other houses around, just miles of fields and hills around it. It may seem that the big building would look lonely on its own but it didn’t, it looked good without any company of other edifices. It felt like it had power radiating off of it, like nothing can break it down.

Jeremy had told me he lived with his two siblings, his two older brothers. One was called Jacob, the kind and responsible brother, he was twenty five and still single. Jeremy’s other brother was called Alex, he was twenty, nearly twenty-one. He was the angry and grumpy one. Apparently, Alex despised a certain species, but Jeremy said no more about it, I had a horrible gut feeling that it was my kind… did Jeremy know what I was? Was he going to still like me if he didn’t know and found out? Multiple questions swirled around in my mind giving me a headache. I shook my head and pushed those questions away in my mind.

I looked over at Jeremy and saw he was taking the Chinese food, he ordered, out of the car. What I hadn’t noticed before was that there were five bags of Chinese food. “Did you order more for your brother’s too?” I smiled with admiration, I’ve always wanted siblings to take care of. Jeremy nodded his answer and grinned at me,

“I am the nicest of all” He winked at me. I chuckled and shook my head at him. Too cute.

Hey Lola? My wolf whispered with a scared expression. I froze in my spot and gave my wolf a worried look,

What’s wrong? I asked, but soon enough my wolf shared all her emotions with me. Scared, realisation, hopeless.

They’re not humans Lola… she mumbled.

What do you mean they’re not humans? I asked dumbly. My wolf gave me a flat look and rolled her eyes,

I smell it, Lola they’re definitely not humans. They smell kinda weird… kinda off.

What the hell? Kinda off? Like rotten?

Yeah… it’s gross,

Ew… then why couldn’t we smell Jeremy before?? That’s so-

“Lola?” I looked up and saw Jeremy looking at me weirdly, “You ok? You spaced out and all…” I chuckled nervously and nodded.

“Yeah I’m fine,” I said, a little too cheerfully. I glanced at Jeremy’s house and frowned, “Why do you live here?” I stated, “I mean why don’t you live in the city? The town? With people?” I hinted at Jeremy.

My hands were snatched into Jeremy’s. I looked up at him and noticed he was rubbing his hands against mine. “Why do you think? What do you feel?” He mumbled. I gulped and shivered as my body heat dropped lower and lower. I snatched my hands away and hugged myself tightly.

“You’re really cold… too cold.” I whispered, but then realisation hit me.I sighed and rubbed my hand over my face, great, just great. I knew this house was just like twilight…. Vampires.

I gulped and took a step back, feeling intimidated,

“I know what you are…” I whispered, Jeremy took a step towards me, his eyes glowing a little.

“Say it… say it out loud.” He said lowly. My breathing hitched, I bit my lip and looked at my worn out converses.

“You’re a…wait what the fuck?” I snapped my head up at him seeing him shaking with quiet laughter. “You did that on purpose so it would be just like Edward and Bella.” I pushed Jeremy lightly while chuckling.