Traitor or Family?

Drip... Drip Drip… Drip…

I sighed quietly and rolled over to my side with my eyes closed, getting comfortable in the bed I was currently sleeping in. My hands tightened on the silky comforter that was on me and pulled it closer to my chin.

Drip… Drip…

I frowned at the sound of something dripping near me. I sniffed slightly using my heightened senses. I could smell metal, warm metal to be exact but it also had a mixture aroma of rotten eggs. I groaned, rolling onto my stomach and hugging my pillows to my face trying to get the smell away from me. I sighed in content and slowly pulled my knees under me while I arched my back and heard a satisfying click.

“Mmmh” I heave a sigh smiling, sitting up and stretching my arms with a big yawn. I looked down at my bare thighs and started to trace my fingers along the patterns that had been created by the mattress while I slept. I always thought these patterns always indicated a good sleep, and it was definitely true for last night. I had one of the best sleeps throughout my whole life.

“Who the hell gets up like that?” I jumped at the voice, rolling out of bed causing me to stumble and fall face first on the carpeted floor. I groaned and looked up at the person who owned the obnoxious voice.

Alex.

“What do you want?” I spat while getting up off of the floor, at least I fell on a carpet and not a hard floor.

“Hmm, nothing.” He murmured looking annoyed. I furrowed my eyebrows at him catching him staring at the ceiling just above the bed I slept in. I followed his gaze and gulped at what I saw.

I covered my mouth with my hands and shut my eyes tightly. I could still smell the horrible aroma from before, I could still hear the dripping sound. But now I could also see what they came from.

“What the fuck is that?!” I yelled at Alex who was snorting quietly to himself. I could see blood all over the comforter, on the bed, mere inches from where I was sleeping.

“I was hoping you’d roll under it and taste the blood… or maybe it falling on top of you?” Alex clearly found this amusing so I could only think of one thing. I punched his face. Hard.

I heard a crack when my fist connected his nose making him hiss fiercely at me. Whoops?  This moment clearly wants a repeat of what happened yesterday.

“Piss off you rotting dead person, go back to your coffin and I hope there’s garlic in there too.” I spat and pushed him on my bed before running out of the door and into the kitchen.

"Garlic doesn't affect us nor do we sleep in coffins. What kind of books do you read?" Alex asked, clearly irritated by my lack of knowledge. I ignored him and looked around for his brothers.

“Jeremy? Jacob?” I called out tensely, I knew Alex was right behind me, making me feel a little nervous.

“They’ve gone out to feed.” Alex whispered in my ear from behind. I gulped and nodded slowly.

“So do you guys eat? Oh and can you take that rotting deer out of that room? I can still smell it from here." Alex didn't answer my questions but began taking small steps towards me. I gulped, feeling intimidated.  He looked lethal, his eyes were dark showing no emotions, and it worried me of what he was thinking about. I began to grow nervous and rambled on with pointless questions, hoping he'd back away.

"How come you aren’t affected by the sun? Do you have a daylight ring just like in the Vampire Diaries?” I was growing anxious as I took cautious steps back while Alex came too close for comfort. “Can you get out of my face?” I suggested with a small smile but obviously Alex was having any of it.