Chapter 2

Cedric Diggory, a Tri-Wizard Champion

Adeen was hateful towards most of her years at Hogwarts, but she truly believed her fifth one would be the worst. With the new additions from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, the school raved with gossip and new people. Most of the annoyance that radiated from Adeen wasn't just from the new students. A lot of her bitterness also came from the Tri-Wizard Tournament.

It was a strange thing to her, the tournament. It was a game that literally risked the lives of students. From each school, a champion would be picked and they would represent their institute in the tournament. It was a huge honor but Adeen thought it was just a stupid way to die and had no issue announcing her thoughts on the matter to her friends.

It was that same day that the champions from the school would be picked, on Halloween. The students who wanted to participate were to put their names into the Goblet of Fire and hope that they were worthy enough for the cup to pick them. After the feast, the champions would be announced.

Adeen loathed the tournament.

"Look at that! Now there's a man who will have my back in battle!" Cedric declared and Adeen looked up from her reflection to see the fifth and final member of their small group, Marcus Belby.

It was ironic really, Marcus Belby was the shy, lanky Ravenclaw that had somehow wormed his way into Adeen's life. A nervous train wreck but overall sweet. Adeen constantly wondered why he didn't have a girlfriend. Adeen figured it was because, just like her, he wasn't that great around people either. But Marcus didn't scare people away. He simply stuttered and couldn't complete a sentence in front of people he didn't know. Adeen thought he was adorable.

But despite his awkward self, the group he found a spot with loved him for who he was and wasn't criticized around them.

They all had their secrets and quirks, so who were they to judge.

Marcus sat down next to Adeen and stretched his limbs before leaning back against a rock.

"That's not a man Cedric, that's just an awkward boy waiting for puberty to hit him," Wendy said, remarking their previous conversation. Marcus rolled his eyes at her before yawning.

"I'm so tired," he mumbled before shutting his eyes. Cedric frowned and Wendy shook her head in a disappointing matter before clicking her tongue.

"What a great man to have in battle, Diggory," she said sarcastically and he gently kicked Marcus' leg.

"I thought you said he was a boy who was waiting for puberty to hit him..." Cedric shot back and Wendy nodded.

"It's going to hit him so hard, he'll see stars for days."

Adeen snickered when she heard Wendy's comment. She glanced up at the sky and slightly frowned. The sky was beginning to darken and Adeen didn't want to be out when the sunset.

"Let's go. Hannah's ass is gonna freeze off if we're out here any longer."

~

Once the group arrived at the Great Hall, they separated and went their own ways. Hannah and Cedric left to the Hufflepuff table, Marcus to Ravenclaw, and Adeen and Wendy returned to the Slytherin table.

"You know, we have a member of each house in our circle of friends, but we don't have a Gryffindor," Wendy suddenly said as she cut a piece of steak and stuffed it into her mouth.