Chapter 4

Good Luck, Cedric

"Dragons?"

"That's right," Cedric confirmed as the group sat in the library. Hannah shook her head in disbelief.

"Dragons!?"

"Saying it louder doesn't make it less true, Hannah," Cedric said and rubbed his temple. Wendy, who sat on a long bench, bit into an apple and laid on her back.

"If you get eaten, can I have your broom?" She questioned, and Cedric pushed Wendy off the bench with a scowl.

"Not funny, Winnie."

"I almost choked on that apple, Diggory. You better have insurance cause you're paying for my health needs," she snapped and Cedric huffed as he turned back to the book he was reading.

"You know what? I'll just wing it," he claimed after hours of being in the library searching for new spells to take down a dragon.

Harry Potter had decided to tell Cedric that the first task of the tournament was going up against a dragon. So for the past hour, Adeen and her friends had barricaded themselves in the back of the library so they could help Cedric not die.

"Honestly just throw Adeen at the dragon and let them go at it. The dragon will probably cower at the sight of her," Wendy said with a laugh. Adeen glared at her and hit her with a book.

"Why don't you just give it a treat for something to distract it?" Hannah suggested as she walked to the table with more books in her arms.

"A treat? It's not a dog, Hannah," Cedric snapped.

"No... but you could turn an object into a dog to distract it," Marcus slowly said as a plan began to form in his head. Cedric looked up and smiled. He stood up abruptly and cheered slightly.

"I have a plan!" He said in relief. Adeen closed her book and sighed.

"We should get a snack."

"Of course you would say that, Wendy."

~

"I can't help but feel like I'm the only one getting fat here," Wendy commented as she gobbled down cookies and brownies. Adeen watched as her friend downed a cup of milk and continued on with her rampage of desserts. It was times like those when she questioned how much Wendy could eat before she exploded.

Wendy reached for a scoop of ice cream when Adeen snatched it before she could. Wendy growled at Adeen but she didn't react.

"I will never understand how you manage to stay skinny, Winnie," Adeen mumbled and Wendy hissed at her.

"Don't call me Winnie!" She scolded through a mouthful of cookie crumbs.

Adeen rolled her eyes. She grew uninterested in her friend and fiddled with her hair instead. She glanced over to the Gryffindor table and accidentally made eye contact with the same redheaded boy she had the displeasure of sitting next to in Transfiguration. Although Adeen did think Fred was somewhat adorably cute, she would never admit it aloud. She looked away with a frown, confused and full of angst.

"You look lovely today, Dee," Cedric suddenly said. Adeen turned to him and she scoffed.

"Don't call me lovely," she snapped and fought hard to prevent the blush on her cheeks.

"Maybe I should start dating again... I miss being cuddled," Wendy pipped out of nowhere.

"Aw, don't worry I'll cuddle with you, Gilmera," Cedric teased and Wendy scrunched her nose.

"Let me rephrase that, I miss being cuddled by a man."

With that, an argument broke out among Wendy and Cedric. It eventually got to the point where food went flying so Adeen left. Marcus gave her an understanding nod as she left and didn't say a thing to the bickering friends. Marcus knew Adeen didn't want to be around loud noises and both Wendy and Cedric in a room meant a certain headache.

Hannah liked to call them the Troublesome Bitches.

~

It was midday. The roaring crowd outside screamed their excitement but all it did was put Cedric Diggory on edge. They were all standing behind the Champion's tent, waiting for Cedric to gather his guts and walk inside. Wendy bit into a peach as she watched Cedric panic. The time for the first task had arrived and Cedric Diggory was frantic.

"Have you found Adeen yet?!"

"No."

Cedric groaned loudly and tugged at his hair. Since breakfast, Adeen had gone awol and nobody had been able to find her. Even Marcus had no idea where she had run off to.

Cedric needed Adeen, she was the best at comforting him. Without her, he felt as if he was going to puke at any given moment.

As he paced, Marcus' eyes followed. The Ravenclaw had to look away because he got lightheaded and groaned. Hannah made him sit down.

"He's making me dizzy," Marcus whispered to Hannah. She nodded but kept her eye on Cedric.

"Shouldn't someone give him a pep talk or something?" Hannah questioned as she grabbed Wendy's half-eaten apple and threw it away.

"Go ahead, I'm all ears," Cedric said. He stopped his pace and accepted the chance of a pep talk. Marcus and Wendy looked at each other with raised eyebrows. Neither of them were so great at speeches. So Wendy cleared her throat and smiled.

"Be careful. Don't die. Don't get burned. And eat your vegetables," Wendy recited something her mother would always tell her every time she left for Hogwarts. Cedric gave Wendy a menacing glare.

"Thanks, Wendy, that was perfect. I feel like I can take on the whole damn world now," he said sarcastically. Hannah gave Wendy a look and she simply replied with a shrug. Wendy was never really good at these motivational speeches. That's what Adeen was for but even she struggled to deliver speeches every now and then.

"Just... remember the spell, Ceddy. And avoid fire," Hannah said softly. Cedric nodded his head and lets out a deep breath. He looked towards the tent, ready to enter. But before he did, he turned around and gave each of them a hug. When he got to Wendy, the girl let out a hot breath before wrapping her arms tightly around his neck.

"Good luck, Cedric."

*unedited*

I've been incredibly busy with work :/
Sorry for the slow updates