Chapter 6

Hospital Trips & Dungbombs

Wendy sneezed loudly and groaned as she turned to her side. The girl's nose was red and her cheeks were flushed. She kept coughing as she reached for a piece of chicken.

"And this is why I avoid the snow," Adeen said as she took off her sweater and draped it over the shoulders of her best friend. Adeen patted her back and handed her a warm cup of tea.

From across the hall, the redhead could see Cedric battling a stomach ache while Hannah laid her head on his shoulder. Poor Cedric suddenly gagged and booked it out of the Great Hall, letting Hannah's head hit the table. Adeen stood to her feet, told Wendy she would be back and rushed out after her friend. Adeen could hear Cedric gagging from down the hall. She followed the noises to the boy's restroom.

She entered and quickly pushed past some boys from Durmstrang. They gave Adeen a strange look but left the bathroom nonetheless. The Slytherin gently opened the bathroom stall.

Cedric groaned as he lifted his head from the toilet and stared back at Adeen.

"It was those cursed cookies I got from Neville. I swear when I see him, I'm gonna-"

Cedric paused before scrunching up his face and throwing up again. Adeen had to turn away. She conjured up a glass and filled it up with the sink water.

"This tastes terrible."

"It's just tap water. Forgive me, your majesty, for not getting you sparkling water."

Cedric groaned and continued to throw up. The restroom door opened and Marcus peeked inside.

"I'm sick too, Dee, take care of me," he teased.

Adeen rolled her eyes and patted Marcus' head. Marcus was the only one that didn't get sick from the day before, for he was the only one who actually wore enough layers, changed out of his wet clothes, and refused to eat Neville's cookies.

Eventually, both Wendy and Hannah found their way into the boy's restroom. Adeen clicked her tongue.

"Marcus, help me carry these poor souls to the infirmary wing, yeah?"

Marcus chuckled and helped Cedric to his feet. Adeen followed the boys out with Wendy looped to her right side and Hannah to her left.

The Hospital Wing only had a couple of students occupying the place. Adeen quickly guided Wendy to a bed.

"I don't feel so good," Wendy muttered. Adeen simply hushed her friend up before she turned away to give a blanket to Hannah too. While Marcus explained to Madam Pomfrey what was wrong with their friends, Adeen happened to glance at the other students in the wing. Adeen internally groaned when she caught sight of a familiar redhead, who was surrounded by other redheads.

Adeen quickly averted her eyes when she made eye contact with Fred Weasley. She had been caught and her face began to burn from embarrassment.

"You okay, Adeen?" Marcus asked as he neared her, "your face is turning red."

Adeen felt herself burning even brighter. She crossed her arms and gritted her teeth.

"Buzz off, Marcus."

The young Slytherin finished talking to Madam Pomfrey. She bid her friends farewell and headed towards her first class of the day. As she left the hospital wing, she happened to glance over towards Fred and his family again.