Chapter 7

Butterbeer

Adeen Kalama didn't like pranks.

It wasn't anything surprising; at a single glance anyone could tell Adeen wasn't one for childish banter.

It was a wonder how Wendy and Adeen became best friends. They say opposites attract and it was evident with their strange, out of balance friendship.

But somehow they made it work effortlessly. Their personalities fit like two perfect puzzle pieces and Adeen wouldn't trade her friend for anything in the world.

But sometimes, Adeen wanted to hit her friend with the Silencio hex just to get some peace and quiet for at least ten minutes.

Nonetheless, the fire bender was thankful to have such amazing friends by her side. She knew Wendy would be with her till the end of time.

But for the first time ever, Adeen felt abandoned by Wendy Gilmera.

Adeen stood by the entrance of Hogwarts, glancing quickly at her silver watch, and letting out a frustrated sigh. She pulled her jacket closer to her body as she waited for Wendy. She peeked out from the open halls and scrunched her nose at the soft snow falling.

Adeen didn't think she was going to go to Hogsmeade that morning, especially with the light snowfall. She didn't have any need to go, but after being bombarded by Wendy and her desperate begging to go along with her, Adeen decided to sacrifice her own comfort for her friend.

Only to be stood up.

Adeen's deep frown didn't leave her face as she stepped out into the snow cautiously. She cringed in disgust before heading off towards Hogsmeade on her own. Despite her original plan of not wanting to leave her dorm, she was bitter with Wendy and now, Adeen was in the snow out of spite.

The snow crunched as she carefully waddled her way to the small, quaint town. The only thing in her mind was the sudden need for a warm butterbeer and a roof over her head. As soon as she reached the Three Broomsticks, she swung off her sufficating scarf and sat at the bar.

"Miss Adeen Kalama, what did I do to deserve such a presence in my bar!"

Adeen's lips twitched up with a small sudden prick of amusement before her face fell back to it's usual stoic expression.

"Madam Rosmerta, you look well."

Rosmerta was Adeen's favorite grownup. The cheerful blonde reminded the Slytherin of a mature Hannah. Despite the teenager's cold mannerisms, Madam Rosmerta never greeted Adeen with anything but a smile.

"How is business, Madam Rosmerta?" Adeen asked as a hot butterbeer was placed before her. She placed down a couple of sickles but hesitantly took them back when the blonde bartender gave her a stern look.

"Good as ever, my darling! I tell ya, never seen so many fresh faces all at once... Those international students are something else, ay?" She said with a wink before gesturing to a group of Drumstrang boys that were sitting in a booth a littles away from Adeen. The boys all snuck nondiscreet glances at the Slytherin with cocky smiles.

Adeen scoffed and frowned with annoyance. She straightened her back and continued to sip on her drink.

"Boys are pricks, Rosmerta," she snapped and Rosmerta laughed.