Chapter 8

Fire Books

Adeen sat next to Wendy in Snape's office. She stayed silent as the head of their house chewed Wendy a new one for getting into a fight when the school had visitors.

"Detention, Miss Gilmera, for an entire week starting tomorrow. You're lucky Kalama was there to stop you before you made a bigger fool of yourself," Snape hissed before pointing to his door for the girls to get out. They bowed their heads before leaving. Adeen could feel Wendy getting all riled up from her side as they wandered back to their common room.

"I will destroy that Ravenclaw," Wendy growled under her breath. Adeen didn't say anything as her friend picked up her pace, leaving Adeen behind.

Adeen knew Wendy was protective of her friends, to an excessive point sometimes, but she meant the best.

Wendy continued to ramble on about a Ravenclaw not leaving Hannah alone and then daring to touch her leg without consent, causing Wendy to go berserk.

Although Adeen would have most definitely beat the boy to another dimension, Hannah said herself she had dealt with the situation with her own two fists and didn't want a ruckus to be made.

Of course, Wendy did not get the memo.

"I support your cause in any way, shape, or form. But if Hannah said she had dealt with it, why make a bigger fuss? She's a big girl, Wendy; Hannah can take care of herself. After all, we won't always be around."

"Harsh words, firecracker," Wendy snapped back. As soon as they reached the door to the common room, Wendy quickly entered without another word said.

Adeen huffed loudly before deciding to leave Wendy with her feelings for a while.

The library was a nice place for Adeen to visit. While she wasn't a big fan of the librarian, she pushed aside her negative thoughts about Madam Pince and found herself amongt the books.

Without a care in the world, she grabbed a random book off the shelf and sat at a table. Adeen tucked her hair behind her ears and crossed her legs as she opened the first page and began to read.

She only made it a paragraph in before she heard the chair in front of her being pulled away. Adeen peeked up from the words with a glare for interrupting her but immediately choked on her own spit when she saw a familiar ginger.

Adeen's eyes flickered around before deciding to ignore Fred and went back to her book.

She tried her hardest to concentrate on her book about wands but couldn't process anything as Fred continued to look at her. Finally letting out a hot huff (Fred swore he saw smoke), she slammed her book shut. She glared at the Gryffindor with questioning eyes.

"Can I help you?" She snapped.

Fred blushed when he suddenly found himself under Adeen's umber eyes. He couldn't come up with a quick enough response before Madam Pince shushed them loudly. Fred shot a smile at the redhead and winked. He opened his palm to show Adeen a little toy the Slytherin knew he had invented.

"Watch this," he whispered. Using his wand, the little clay monkey toy began to jump from table to table, stealing scraps of papers as it went along. It jumped among the bookshelves and knocked down books. The little toy suddenly jumped up on one of the chandeliers in the library and swung around.