Chapter 3

Badges

Adeen came to the conclusion that she didn't like Fred Weasley.

He was a mischievous boy who sought out trouble just as much as his twin, George, did. And together, they were a disastrous team. After he introduced himself, Adeen had let out a single scoff before turning away from him, ignoring his presence for the entire lesson. Once they were dismissed, he tried to speak to her again, only to be met with cold eyes.

She left promptly, not even sparing Fred another glance.

Although Adeen might not know much about the Weasley twin, Fred knew quite a lot about her. It was true he didn't enjoy the Slytherin's much, and they were the target of his many pranks, but he could never bring himself to look away from Adeen Kalama. Something about her being intrigued him so much, he had to get to know her. Since last year his twin had been teasing him about his sudden interest in Adeen. And once his mother caught wind that her son had gotten his first official crush, she went berserk, insisting that the rest of Fred's siblings try to get them together. George took his job very seriously.

But after George pushed his brother to sit next to his crush and it backfiring on him, all George could do was watch with Fred as Adeen left.

"Oh mate, what'd you do to her?"

"Nothing! I was polite and charming just like it said in Ginny's magazine to do! I didn't prank her or anything, I even offered her some water!" Fred said, feeling flabbergasted and weak.

"Out of all the girls here at Hogwarts, Freddie boy, you had to choose the one who would hex you into the next century just because you breathed the same air as her."

~

"I completely recommend it, Marcus," Adeen said later that afternoon as she shoved a book into Marcus' hands. If there was one thing Adeen loved to do, it was to read a book and then recommend it to Marcus so that he could read it and then discuss it with her. It was always a good heartfelt discussion, one's that she couldn't get with Wendy or Cedric. Usually, she had an obsession with one writer per year. Sometimes two.

This year it was the muggle writer, William Shakespeare.

"The Winter's Tale, it is a beautiful play, please hurry and read it so we can talk about it," Adeen said and Marcus laughed as he examined Adeen's copy of the book.

"Okay, okay, I'll read it fast."

"The book has all of his plays and even some of his poems and-"

"Guys!" Adeen and Marcus stopped when the familiar voice of Wendy echoed through the corridor. Hannah trailed close behind her. Marcus gave a small smile and a wave. Adeen would've waved back but was too busy staring at the pin that sat on their school robes.

"What is that?" She questioned as squinted her eyes.

It was a round pin that said,

Support Cedric Diggory, The Real Hogwarts Champion

The pictures on the pin then spun and it shifted into something new and it said,

Potter Stinks!

Adeen raised an eyebrow. She glanced up at Wendy.