Chapter 15 - [Hands]

– Chione  

While I followed Lady Tabia, I expected her to be a little bit more talkative. Like I said before, I had heard many times that she was a loud and silly woman despite her mature looks.

But she wasn't talking.

In fact, she hadn't said a single word to me since we left the stable.

I was suddenly becoming even more nervous. Had I done something wrong? Was that why they decided I needed 'training?'

But then I realized something. I had also heard that she was, at some point, engaged to Arius... was she not comfortable with the fact that he had a female personal maid?

Was she going to do something to me?

As I bit my lip in nervousness while pondering about what she could possibly want with me, she suddenly turned around and threw her hands onto her hips.

When I looked up at her, I saw her looking at me with a strange frown. It was strange mostly because she didn't actually look upset though she was frowning.

I waited for her to speak, but she didn't say anything. Instead, she just stared at me, watching me intently.

"Is there... something I can help you with?" I asked, cautiously.

She stared at me for another moment and then surprised me by bursting out into laughter.

If I wasn't already confused by what was going on, I definitely was now.

"Look at you, all scared and nervous," she laughed. "I'm not going to bite!"

I hesitated.

"Why do you look so scared? What do the other maids say about me?" She leaned forward slightly, making it obvious that her question as serious.

"Um... I..."

"It can't be bad stuff!" She scoffed. "I'm one of the nicest nobles that exist!"

"Oh... no, they don't say anything that is bad!"

She watched me for another moment before letting out a sigh. "Well, never mind that. We have important things to do."

When she started to walk again, I began to follow her.

"You see, the Prince has never had a personal maid before so it only makes sense that we make his first experience the best, right?"

I simply nodded my head, though I didn't really understand why she wanted that for him. It would make more sense if someone like Aziza, who is in charge of the maids, wanted the Prince to be happy... but why this woman?

"Let me start by saying that I'm Lady Tabia," She grinned at me as she slowed down to walk next to me. "I've heard much about you, Chione."

"You have?"

She nodded. "You saved the Prince's life. Then you saved Queen. Then you ran into the middle of the throne room and won the Prince's attention. And now you're his personal maid," she grinned. "I have heard a lot."

I wondered if this was a good thing or bad thing.

"Now, Arius is not only my beloved cousin, but also the Pharaoh, so I want to make sure that you know exactly what you're doing as a personal maid."

Before I could nod, she grabbed my arm and was pulling me into a room.

I literally gasped when we entered the massive room, staring at the sight with wide eyes.